PhilHibbs

Warning: Egregious munchkinnery!

8 hours ago, soltakss said:

We always played that a spell is a spell is a spell, regardless of the source. So, Orlanthi Extension worked on Humakti Truesword and Shield 1 from Orlanth and Shield 2 on Humakt stacked to Shield 3. 

What if the spell is from an enemy cult?

Your Glorantha is different to mine, because I have the deity supplying a bit of their power for a Rune spell, and so there's no way they'd mix and match their powers or energy , with the possible exception of associated deities (as, being in the same pantheon, they already share some of those energies)

1 hour ago, Shiningbrow said:

Your Glorantha is different to mine, because I have the deity supplying a bit of their power for a Rune spell, and so there's no way they'd mix and match their powers or energy , with the possible exception of associated deities (as, being in the same pantheon, they already share some of those energies)

soltakss plays differently than many of us, I bet he is the reason for the expression YGMV...

I admire him for that!

Cheers

Edited by Bill the barbarian
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Bill the barbarian said:
14 hours ago, Shiningbrow said:

soltakss plays differently than many of us, I bet he is the reason for the expression YGMV...

Our RQ2 group had Orlanthi, Humakti, Yelmalians, a Yelornan, Storm Bulls, Zorak Zorani, an Aranea Troll and odds and sods. When we used Spell Trading, we would trade for spells, sometimes the Issaries cultists would trade traded spells, so it became almost impossible to work out which point of Shield came from which cult. The PCs sometimes used Mindlink to get access to each other's spells, so a Humakti could use his own Shield 2 and an Orlanthi's Shield 2 to make Shield 4. They decided very early on, before I joined the group, that, mostly, a spell was a spell was a spell, no matter the origin. The only differences that I can remember were Divine Intervention and Divination, as they had to be specific to the cult, so you couldn't use Divine Intervention 4 from Humakt with Divine Intervention 3 from Orlanth, or stack Divination from different cults. In RQ3 terms, Sanctify would be another case that makes an area sanctified to a particular cult.

Don't forget that, in RQ2, Runemagic just went off, without a roll. It wasn't connected with a Rune or a Skill, so you didn't have questions about casting Humakti Runemagic with an Orlanth skill or Rune.

Taking this approach also means that Thatanari and Vivamorti spell-stealing magic just works, without having to worry about where the spell comes from. It also means that Truestone works, otherwise you'd have to think "OK, this Truestone came from an Orlanthi, so only Orlanthi can use it" or "I need to go to an Orlanth temple to replenish the Shield 3 spell, but I am a Lunar". If you treat it as a spell is a spell is a spell, it doesn't matter where the spell originated.

The same with Spell matrices, if a Chalana Arroy cultist makes a Heal Body Matrix, does that mean that only Chalana Arroy cultists can use it? I don;t think that is the case. Does it need to be replenished at a Chalara Arroy Temple/Shrine? Possible, but I'd say that any Lightbringer temple would have a Chalana Arroy shrine so would work. Could another cult replenish a Chalana Arroy matrix if they granted Heal Body? I'd probably say yes, as a spell is a spell is a spell.

Edited by soltakss

1 hour ago, soltakss said:

Our RQ2 group had Orlanthi, Humakti, Yelmalians, a Yelornan, Storm Bulls, Zorak Zorani, an Aranea Troll and odds and sods. When we used Spell Trading, we would trade for spells, sometimes the Issaries cultists would trade traded spells, so it became almost impossible to work out which point of Shield came from which cult. The PCs sometimes used Mindlink to get access to each other's spells, so a Humakti could use his own Shield 2 and an Orlanthi's Shield 2 to make Shield 4. They decided very early on, before I joined the group, that, mostly, a spell was a spell was a spell, no matter the origin. The only differences that I can remember were Divine Intervention and Divination, as they had to be specific to the cult, so you couldn't use Divine Intervention 4 from Humakt with Divine Intervention 3 from Orlanth, or stack Divination from different cults. In RQ3 terms, Sanctify would be another case that makes an area sanctified to a particular cult.

See, I told you he plays differently. He often makes sense :)

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, PhilHibbs said:

Congratulations to us all on reaching 20 pages, we're definitely winning the forum. And that's all that's important in this game. Winning. Yay us!

We are all uz, trollki... munchkins... egregiously!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1