Overcharge?

jkeown

I've searched the PDF and the Forum hereabouts and I cannot find a definition of "Overcharge." there are 3 references to it in the BRP PDF, but no hard and fast rules covering it... Unless page 30's discussion of extra power points is the reference I'm looking for. (In addition to Extra Energy back in Super Powers)

Am I right, or is my ADD getting the better of me?

If I'm wrong, please direct me to the rule after an appropriate level of excoriation of my personal and professional being.

Edited by jkeown
Found some small references

The only references I can find are in the playtest notes for magic items. They mention

that items can be overcharged with up to double the normal power points, and that

these points fade as do those of overcharged characters. I can't find any rules for

such overcharging anywhere else. I think it was dropped from the playtest early on.

Michael

I'm pretty sure that the page 30-31 description that says a character can temporarily store up twice their POW in power points is the definition of overcharging. The points in excess of the character's POW score are the "overcharge", but they dissipate after a night's sleep or at some other game-master determined time frame or event. The overcharge power points have to be used up before the character's normal power points, and they do not regenerate with rest or passage of time.

Pyronnic

I'm pretty sure that the page 30-31 description that says a character can temporarily store up twice their POW in power points is the definition of overcharging. The points in excess of the character's POW score are the "overcharge", but they dissipate after a night's sleep or at some other game-master determined time frame or event. The overcharge power points have to be used up before the character's normal power points, and they do not regenerate with rest or passage of time.

That's not very revealing though. I think there needs to be more detail.

I do have a mechanic for it. My game world, Caleon, has cracks in reality here and there. Magic flows from the Thaumic Barrier across the world. Mages can tap into the flow a draw Power Points. I think that Overcharging in this fashion keeps pace with what I've written before in GURPS and especially HERO versions of this world, and my players will like it.

Thanks for the clarification... I was sure I was missing something!