Runequest GM Pack Question

Videopete

Fantastic looking product, that is packed with goodies just one question. There is a blurb that it comes with a FAQ called Rune Fixes and I can not for the life of me find it.  Was this something that was not packed or a misprint on the cover, because I checked the website downloads, its not there, searched the forums, only mention is a blurb on the Runequest questions thread. Hate to receive a incomplete product but this might be something to look into correcting on the gm screen cover and item descrition.

6 minutes ago, Videopete said:

There is a blurb that it comes with a FAQ called Rune Fixes and I can not for the life of me find it... Hate to receive a incomplete product but this might be something to look into correcting on the gm screen cover and item descrition.

You're right, that didn't make it into the pack. It's only available as a PDF download, I know it's on the Dropbox linked from the RuneQuest: Roleplaying in Glorantha. Pre-release mail-out, not sure if it's available as a direct download from the Chaosium web site. They need to link it from the GM Pack product page really.

It was meant for the GM Screen Pack as a special handout, but for some reason between the multiple editors, two layout people, and production handoffs it got overlooked.

It will go into the pack for future printings and I'm seeing if Rick can add it to the .pdf version for everyone who's bought that. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jason Durall said:

It was meant for the GM Screen Pack as a special handout, but for some reason between the multiple editors, two layout people, and production handoffs it got overlooked.

It will go into the pack for future printings and I'm seeing if Rick can add it to the .pdf version for everyone who's bought that. 

Is a Rune Fix 2 scheduled?

While we are talking about the PDF section of the Gamemaster Screen Pack:

Similar to the hard copy this section contains several map PDFs, especially

image.png.cbe8513816081f5b538923c664031c98.png

and

image.png.ad2dacec2e86a1004e711afad98248e3.png

My question is about the South Peloria maps. Similar to the Dragon Pass maps there seem to be two versions of the South Peloria maps with different sizes. For the Dragon Pass maps the one with the smaller size is the map drawn by Darya Makarava, the other one is the more artistically map by  Olivier Sanfilippo. So my expectation was, that the same is true for the two South Peloria maps. But in fact both links provide the same map - the map drawn by Darya Makarava (albeit in different compression - which is the reason for the different sizes).

So the question here is: Is this, what was planned. Or was something different planned. I have never seen a South Peloria map in the same style as the Dragon Pass map by Olivier Sanfilippo, so my expectation was wishful thinking probably, but anyway these two links providing the same map is at least at bit confusing. So inquiring mind wants to know, if something is wrong here or not.

Not sure, if this question should go to @Jason Durall, @Rick Meints or @Dustin O'Chaosium ...

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Jason Durall said:

Has the content of the Rune Fixes file been incorporated into the most recent hardcover printing?  If not, are there plans to do that for future printings?

(I.E., if you have just recently purchased the slipcase set, or plan to in the near future, is the Rune Fixes file redundant?)

"I want to decide who lives and who dies."

Bruce Probst

Melbourne, Australia

6 minutes ago, BWP said:

Has the content of the Rune Fixes file been incorporated into the most recent hardcover printing?  If not, are there plans to do that for future printings?

(I.E., if you have just recently purchased the slipcase set, or plan to in the near future, is the Rune Fixes file redundant?)

It has not, there is nearly two full pages of material in Rune Fixes which would have had quite a significant effect on layout.

4 hours ago, Oracle said:

but anyway these two links providing the same map is at least at bit confusing.

I was also a bit confused, and now that I've received the physical GM pack, my guess is that it's just a mistake with the digitial version -- there's no other map of South Peloria, and indeed everything else matches the digital files. So I think this is just an extra map that crept into the archive: you can keep the bigger file and discard the smaller one.

Edited by lordabdul

Ludovic aka Lordabdul -- read and listen to  The God Learners , the Gloranthan podcast, newsletter, & blog !

22 hours ago, PhilHibbs said:

It has not, there is nearly two full pages of material in Rune Fixes which would have had quite a significant effect on layout.

Huh ... so a significant chunk of errata for the rules, that's been around for nearly a year, and yet there's no way for a new purchaser of the game to find it on the website (unless they read literally every single page; as has been noted before, the Rune Fix page doesn't come up in searches, and why would a new purchaser even think that there might be something to search for?).

It doesn't matter that it's posted in places the "regulars" know about; it needs to be right there, in your face, on the product page, which is the first and only page you would expect a customer to look for this kind of thing.

• Like 1

"I want to decide who lives and who dies."

Bruce Probst

Melbourne, Australia

On 5/1/2019 at 6:03 AM, BWP said:

Huh ... so a significant chunk of errata for the rules, that's been around for nearly a year, and yet there's no way for a new purchaser of the game to find it on the website (unless they read literally every single page; as has been noted before, the Rune Fix page doesn't come up in searches, and why would a new purchaser even think that there might be something to search for?).

It doesn't matter that it's posted in places the "regulars" know about; it needs to be right there, in your face, on the product page, which is the first and only page you would expect a customer to look for this kind of thing.

Just to add to that - the term "Rune Fixes" doesn't help the newcomers either.

The usual search term is going to be "errata"... and that doesn't hit anything :(

Adding those tags would be good.

• Like 3

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 3:45 PM, Jason Durall said:

@Jason Durall may I instead suggest the following:

1) Subduing and Disarm are not errata but clear additions to the rules. I would suggest that you incorporate them in the future Gamemaster Guide is a "Optional Combat Option" section (or something similar.

2) The rest of the text can be distilled down to the following errata and could be incorporated to the 3rd printing of the book 

Extension p.328 – add this sentence at the end of the paragraph "When a Rune spell’s duration is prolonged because of an Extension spell, the Rune points used for both the Extension and the underlying Rune spell cannot be replenished until the Extended spell expires."

Stage 4 - The Ordeal p.355 – add the underlined words to the sentences “The Bad Man has a POW 35 and Spirit Combat 135%,”. “In each round, the winner and loser are determined. No magic points are lost from either side.”

Expanded Charisma p.357 add the underlined words to the sentence “… but does not affect the shaman’s natural CHA nor does it affect the spirit combat damage done by either the shaman or the fetch, which is based on their personal CHA+POW.

Spell Extension p.363 add this sentence at the end of the paragraph "The shaman cannot forget a spell while it is being maintained with the Spell Extension ability."

These are minor additons that shouldn't mess the layout and make things a lot cleaner.

Edited by DreadDomain
  • Like 1