Glorantha Miniatures

borbetomagnus

11 hours ago, Stephen L said:

I'm gutted that I missed this.  Any-one any idea if I can get some of the duck figures?

Perhaps if I try @Helliwell, if he doesn't mind my summoning attempts...

Thanks,

You could try emailing him via the address on his company's website, Infinity-Engine. He's always been responsive to my email inquiries and orders.

I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of the Duck miniatures, in addition to a bunch of add-ons of other Glorantha figures.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Neil Patterson said:

There is another supplier of ducks......

https://www.lucideyepublications.com/

In addition to the Ziggurat ranges which have useful Greeks and Centaurs, the Blades & Souls has Satyrs, ducks and elves...

Neil

I think they are labeled as "coots"... So is it time to revisit an old recipe? https://www.food.com/recipe/coot-stew-122280 (Though my memory of it is that one /stuffs/ the coot with brick, not just sitting adjacent in the pot)

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know what happened to Mad Knight miniatures? He was supposed to run a KS this year for the Glorantha skirmish game ruleset and new miniatures. However, the facebook user and its associated group is now gone, with the website saying 'Our new website will be launched in Febuary/March 2021'. 

Here's hoping he is in good health.

Just now, Zelmor said:

Here's hoping he is in good health.

Andrew has been unwell, but seems to have recovered.

I believe he will come back to this in the new year.

He says so in this Facebook thread.

• Like 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

New Kickstarter from Mad Knight -- https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/madknight/skybull-hero-lunar-lancers-newtlings-and-more/

This one is huge.  The newtlings are great and all.  And the Skybull with Rider, the Thunder Rebels, Lunar female archers.....all good.  But the big ticket item is HERE.

SABLES!!!!!!   The Riders are Lunars, but I expect to get more than one set and replace some with more Praxian looking Riders. 

2fa0038e184bf3b1a5a62a687b7ca0c1_origina

• Like 4

Totally agree. Mad Knight offers miniatures you just can’t get elsewhere. Andrew knows Glorantha.  
The Thunder Rebels are wonderful figures. More Newtlings than you can shake a stick at. And then the excellent Sable Riders you showed. 

• 1 month later...

Pained up these Fireforge Byzantines to be Dunstop Foot.  They are a little heavily armored and the thunderbolts might demonstrate disloyalty to the Empire, except for the Lunar red color.  The shields gave me the most trouble, and ultimately I just cut up some Veni Vidi Veci decals and did the best I could with them. 

image.thumb.png.d72e466c17c5f777c1ff442cb4bd6861.png

I also used the Fireforge Byzantine Auxiliaries box to get some Thunder Delta Slingers.  Extremely simple paint job, but gets the job done.

image.thumb.png.e079346ce9105bc4dae5ad677006f21f.png

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Full Moon Corp from Mad Knight!

I emphasized the silver on these guys, because I have way too much bronze and red in my Glorantha figures at the moment.  In theory this should make them stand out a bit when I get them worked into an army.

20220708_203005.thumb.jpg.29fc5dbf6bf98bd16a5754f9505faff1.jpg20220708_202928.thumb.jpg.952630855b28820898de94e4ab45f3f9.jpg20220708_202846.thumb.jpg.3673f87b8729b43fcb36f998ca45dd3c.jpg20220708_202830.thumb.jpg.3faaaeb6945ba6560e5172886868abcf.jpg

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Dissolv said:

Full Moon Corp from Mad Knight!

I emphasized the silver on these guys, because I have way too much bronze and red in my Glorantha figures at the moment.  In theory this should make them stand out a bit when I get them worked into an army.

I always imagined the Full Moon Corps demigods as humans with crimson red skin, or at least lots of skin markings in crimson. Painting them with Northern European flesh tones doesn't seem quite right to me.

No disagreements about their equipment, which may be silver or steel (they are supposed to be the equivalents of rune lords).

Telling how it is excessive verbis

19 hours ago, Joerg said:

I always imagined the Full Moon Corps demigods as humans with crimson red skin, or at least lots of skin markings in crimson. Painting them with Northern European flesh tones doesn't seem quite right to me.

No disagreements about their equipment, which may be silver or steel (they are supposed to be the equivalents of rune lords).

I agree with @Joergabout the crimson skin. I painted a few of the Lance and Laser Lunar Warband figures with crimson skin. I even painted one with more orange skin too. IMHO, I look Gloranthan beings being at the mercy of mythic forces where skin tones are associated to one's affinity to the runes and not physical matters.

Of course, after saying all that, it stands that "Your Glorantha Will Vary."

Edited by borbetomagnus

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a while since I posted some new pictures of the miniatures I've been working on (real life concerns taking priority). But here you go. A few from the Lance and Laser Hero Wars line and the RQG "The Broken Tower" quickstart pre-generated player character set from Mad Knight. The Mad Knight miniatures go well with the RQG quickstart adversaries set from Infinity-Engine that I posted earlier in this thread. I was able to use both sets of miniatures at a game session yesterday where I introduced players to RQG. It went very well, the group had a great time and enjoyed using the miniatures on a one-sided Chessex vinyl hex mat that I've used for nearly 30 years. Now, enjoy the pics!

_1720760.JPG

_1720763.JPG

_1720765.JPG

_1720770.JPG

_1720771.JPG

_1720767.JPG

_1720768.JPG

• Like 4

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Rapier Miniatures said:

I'm not sure why my post about the kickstarter for officially licenced figures has been edited 

Hi! I can’t see any signs that is has been edited. But every member have their first two posts put in the approval que to stop spammers. Your next posts should go through automatically. 

Ef plest master, this mighty fine grub!
b1.gif 116/420. High Priest.

20 hours ago, Rapier Miniatures said:

I'm not sure why my post about the kickstarter for officially licenced figures has been edited but it is running for another 12 days. Checkout our facebook or website for details and pictures.

Hi, it looks like that you tried to embed a link to your Kickstarter page - sadly KS don't allow that. In future grab your image and add the KS link to that. Please also add links to your website. I've edited your post to include all that. Looks like it's going great. (I didn't realise you were based just down the road from me, I'm in Northolt Park).

• Like 1