OpenQuest 3rd Edition Current Status

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The draft layout is done (with tables of contents, index and page cross references done in the pdf). Its been sent off for checking/final proof , which I'm anticipating will take up to two weeks. Then

Just in case anyone is wondering if OpenQuest 3 is still a thing, the answer is yes and I'll be making an a fuller announcement of where I'm up to in the next couple of days

The pdf went out to backers yesterday! Now sorting out pre-order for people who missed the Kickstarter.  Dan Barker did this fantastic last minute piece for the book.   

Posted Images

I started plowing through the document finally. Since I didn't find a dedicated topic for errors, I'll post the first batch I found.

pg. 2. "Dwarfen captain" should be "dwarven captain" for the sake of consistency.
pg. 4. "Not only does this remove the number of fiddly additions and subtractions, players have to do, but it means that when modifiers are meaningful and have a significant effect on play." There is no need for comma after "subtractions", and the second part of the sentence doesn't need that "when". 
pg. 5. I would add to the "A Set of Polyhedral Dice" section a mention of d10s numbered by tens.
pg. 6. "Character generation" is a title, thus should be "Character Generation".
pg. 7. The sentence "Nope" lacks period.

Major Wounds get mentioned several times in the book (pg. 6. How To Use This Book, pg. 90. Healing, pg. 131. Fear Effects, pg. 147. Casting Time, pg. 182. Bloodweed stat block), but the optional rule has been thrown out as far as I know.

Hi 

Can you send me any errors you find to directly via personal message rather than posting it here.

This way I can update the document and make my editor/proofer aware.

At the risk of sounding defensive, there isn't a dedicated errors thread, because it the draft that was sent out to backers was a pre-edited/pre-proofed version.  I do actually have a dedicated editor, who is working with the text now, and proof reader, who will proof it after the document is updated after editorial. 

Edited by Newt
20 hours ago, Newt said:

Hi 

Can you send me any errors you find to directly via personal message rather than posting it here.

This way I can update the document and make my editor/proofer aware.

At the risk of sounding defensive, there isn't a dedicated errors thread, because it the draft that was sent out to backers was a pre-edited/pre-proofed version.  I do actually have a dedicated editor, who is working with the text now, and proof reader, who will proof it after the document is updated after editorial. 

Sure, I'll drop you a PM later. And don't worry, you don't sound defensive - in fact, I'm the one who might be nitpicky, but more eyes never hurt. :)

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ok work moves towards the final release.

Also a couple of blog posts 

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

Currently in heads down phase getting the first layout draft cleaned up before it goes to final print proof.

See the work in progress state in this blog post.

And Jon Hodgson has delivered five covers for the supplements, with an old Jonny Gray piece that long time followers of OpenQuest here will be familiar with for the Quick Start.

Here's the cover for Saga of the Savage North

oq-savage-north-web-preview.png

• Like 4

The draft layout is done (with tables of contents, index and page cross references done in the pdf). Its been sent off for checking/final proof , which I'm anticipating will take up to two weeks. Then off to the printers to proof, and pdf to backers. 

Also in parallel, the 1st draft of the Quickstart rules and adventure, the Lost Outpost, went off to editorial/proof last end of last week.

Its all go at D101 HQ!

• Like 10
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok if you missed the Kickstarter, but still want either the Pdf/POD or Signed and Sent version which is the properly printed version, you can pick it up via my lastest Kickstarter as part of the ZineQuest 3 promotion. You get the main rule book, the Quickstart adventure/rules (The Lost Outpost) and the OpenQuest Companion.  Also by backing the zine you get an OpenQuest adventure, the Duck Crusade.

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...

After another round of edits, both by me and by the backers, the final pdf is done and off to print proof. Also the OpenQuest Quickstart Rules + Adventure, The Lost Outpost, is done bar a final check by my editor.  So delivery of final pdfs in the next week or so 🙂

It features this wonderful piece of art by Dan Barker, Granny Tier who is the pc's patroness in the Lost Outpost. 

Granny Tier-web.png

• Like 5