dracopticon

Making HEROES for the Hero Wars

1 hour ago, soltakss said:

Common Magic isn't about spells that everyone has, it's spells that everyone could get. So, you choose 3 Runespells to start, I think, so you could choose Find Enemy or Heal Wound, or you could choose a cult special spell that is really useful.

The Common Rune spells are now commonly available (yay!) - a change from old RQ2. You only need to choose 3 Special Rune spells as you gain Rune Points. But you can use your Rune Points to cast the special ones you know or any of the Common Rune spells.

• Like 2

On 5/10/2019 at 7:46 PM, Tywyll said:

Even with the ridiculous stat mods as I described earlier, none of my players made RL. The 'Humakt' player didn't want to take the Geas to get his skills up (though even if he had, he wouldn't make all of them). 

Interesting - I did some calculations with the following stat block:

image.png.1f03b1317e80b61eda24020f77f6a5a8.png

The STR, CON and SIZ were just thrown in as "dump stats", with obviously the priorities as mentioned above (CHA is necessary at 18). I'd even imagine, with Bless Pregnancy turned up to 11, that the STR and DEX would go up a little (enough to get extra % in a few important skills). If super-tuned, the INT could be 21 (if allowed) and that really makes it easy! (+5% to most categories)

With those stats, Humakti Warriors (especially Grazelander cavalry) are easily getting the basic skills needed to hit RL level (with a few +25% left over!) Sword, Lance, Dagger, Ride, and Battle (especially since the Character Background tables are likely to throw a few points every couple of years). And, since Humakt demands at least 1 gift be taken... RL at CharGen.

I looked at other combinations too.... A Sartarite Noble Orlanthi would have 2-3 skills at 90% or higher, and a couple of others at 80-85% (Sword, Orate, Sing, 2nd Weapon (I'd presume Shield is included in that) Oh, and as I type this, I just realised that Honour is a Passion, and there's multiple opportunities to pick that up during Background History...

Going with Humakt as your first cult, and then cross initiating into Orlanth makes it even easier!

Those are just the two I was looking for (Orlanth and Humakt)... so, it's possible if you want it.

image.png

Edited by Shiningbrow
fix

2 hours ago, Shiningbrow said:

image.png

That's some impressive rolls - not impossible, one of the characters in my game ended up with more than half her D6 rolls being a 6. I assume that's after rune bonuses, did the +2 go to CHA? (that's my rule, by the way) So that could just be three rolled 16s and one 17. Still pretty good!

Edited by PhilHibbs

3 minutes ago, PhilHibbs said:

That's some impressive rolls - not impossible, one of the characters in my game ended up with more than half her D6 rolls being a 6. I assume that's after rune bonuses, did the +2 go to CHA? (that's my rule, by the way) So that could just be three rolled 16s and one 17. Still pretty good!

While the deities of Luck do often throw their hands, I was more presuming egregious use of Bless Pregnancy. Either that, or a stat mechanism much more in the player's favour.

So, they're not actual rolls - just showing possibilities. So, while high, still not "OMG that's amazing" high.