Redrawn battle maps

Smokebadger

It'd be nice if Rick or someone official could rule on this.  I don't know about you guys, but to me fan-talent and willingness to do this sort of stuff quite frequently outstrips the published-caliber content, eventually.

https://www.cartographersguild.com/content.php?s=7701ba14c214aa2cbbe068907d1749a1

cf the winner of the 2019 Atlas award; attachment.php?attachmentid=112261&d=154

(then again, it's clear that Chaosium are clearly looking in the right place to solicit talent for their products, both from the results and https://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=13946&highlight=glorantha)

Anyway, to the OP's point I hope that it's possible for people to artistically provide (for example) artistically-produced tactical maps of RQ stuff.

• Thanks 1

On 5/9/2019 at 8:07 PM, Smokebadger said:

If I’ve redrawn old battlemaps what is the stance on uploading them for other people to use for personal use no charge. Is there any objections to this ? Is there some place I should or shouldn’t upload to?

I fell foul of this when stitching together old Pavis maps and adding some stuff, so was asked to take the map down.

I then redrew them completely, from scratch and then reposted them, but asked Mood Design, as was, if the maps were OK. 

So, it is worth contacting @Rick Meints or @Jeff to see if they have any objections. They are normally very quick at getting back and usually offer friendly advice on what is and isn't OK.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

Hmn yes I forgot that. Gringlea I will add scale. Fort Raus does not have a correct scale on the original map. I actually contacted the staff at south Shields Roman fort to get an idea of the width of each gate door.

Each door at the Roman fort is 2.3 m but the original map was obviously just hand drawn with no proper scale

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/18/2019 at 4:05 AM, Smokebadger said:

I actually contacted the staff at south Shields Roman fort to get an idea of the width of each gate door.

I now have a mental picture of Duke Raus buying a Minchella's with extra monkey's blood for Jezra...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...