If I’ve redrawn old battlemaps what is the stance on uploading them for other people to use for personal use no charge. Is there any objections to this ? Is there some place I should or shouldn’t upload to?

It'd be nice if Rick or someone official could rule on this.  I don't know about you guys, but to me fan-talent and willingness to do this sort of stuff quite frequently outstrips the published-caliber content, eventually.

https://www.cartographersguild.com/content.php?s=7701ba14c214aa2cbbe068907d1749a1

cf the winner of the 2019 Atlas award; attachment.php?attachmentid=112261&d=154

(then again, it's clear that Chaosium are clearly looking in the right place to solicit talent for their products, both from the results and https://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=13946&highlight=glorantha)

Anyway, to the OP's point I hope that it's possible for people to artistically provide (for example) artistically-produced tactical maps of RQ stuff.

On 5/9/2019 at 8:07 PM, Smokebadger said:

If I’ve redrawn old battlemaps what is the stance on uploading them for other people to use for personal use no charge. Is there any objections to this ? Is there some place I should or shouldn’t upload to?

I fell foul of this when stitching together old Pavis maps and adding some stuff, so was asked to take the map down.

I then redrew them completely, from scratch and then reposted them, but asked Mood Design, as was, if the maps were OK. 

So, it is worth contacting @Rick Meints or @Jeff to see if they have any objections. They are normally very quick at getting back and usually offer friendly advice on what is and isn't OK.

This is the first map - Im working on others and ill upload them as my party gets through them.

Please note the disclaimer text on the map for more info.

Gringles pawnshop. for your enjoyment.

Gringles populated w doors disclaimer.png

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

Hmn yes I forgot that. Gringlea I will add scale. Fort Raus does not have a correct scale on the original map. I actually contacted the staff at south Shields Roman fort to get an idea of the width of each gate door.

Each door at the Roman fort is 2.3 m but the original map was obviously just hand drawn with no proper scale

• Like 1

The maps for borderlands  scenario 3 4 and 5 are finished - I will upload them as soon as my players have played through them to avoid spoilers.

On 5/18/2019 at 4:05 AM, Smokebadger said:

I actually contacted the staff at south Shields Roman fort to get an idea of the width of each gate door.

I now have a mental picture of Duke Raus buying a Minchella's with extra monkey's blood for Jezra...

An old none official version of the Tin Inn , I've started on a battle map of the new tin inn from the GM's pack but only the bottom floor is completed.

Old TIn Inn.jpg

• Like 2