Homebrew Gods

monkoflords

So, I've been trying to get into Runequest Glorantha, and I've been inspired to write up a couple of new gods for a few reasons.

1. Found it fun
  2. Wanted to fill up a few more rune combos and options in the Orlanthi...if not just for my home campaign.

I'm looking for feedback on them to both clean up the mechanics, and better integrate them into the pantheon. I figured this may be the best place to do it.

The base concept is a set of Triplets born to Orlanth and the Fog Spirit/God Huraya. I have them in a doc...here...

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1iajpjUl6Jdmky1XXg9r1uxnri6ce4KaZ98yZzBNexH0/edit#

Before I go hog on mythology, I just wanted to try to mold the theming right, and was hoping for feedback.

I love seeing homebrew cults!

My feedback FWIW:

GEMOLLAN:

Right now he's kind of the god of two different things, unarmed combat and truth and I don't understand how they fit together. Thunderfist god works (a Thunder Brother), truth seeking god works, but both at once seems strange to me. Plus Lhankor Mhy and Humakt already handle the Truthseeking stuff. I'd advise focusing on the whirling dervish hand-to-hand brawler, though I do wonder if you might need a different mother than fog, which conjures neither truth (fog is Illusion) nor brawling (fog avoids combat). If you want to emphasize truth, rewrite his combat stuff to be more like true striking and truesword and such. Accurate and true, not bang and boom. Search for my homebrew Humakt for reference.

Specific spells:

Thundercrack Strike

3 Points

Touch, Temporal, Nonstackable

Air

This spell can be cast on a target. The target’s Fist attacks ignore all magic and mundane armor, and are unaffected by countermagic. Each strike echoes with the crack of thunder, making it very unsubtle.

This is STRIKE with a 15 minute duration. Way too powerful. Suggest making it a 1 pt spell, only works on next attack, stackable so it works on as many unarmed attacks as there are points.

Summon Witness

2 Points

Ranged, Temporal

Truth, Man

This spell summons a spirit or ghost that is familiar with the situation. The caster must be at least vaguely aware of who or what they are calling out too, and the spirit must willingly come. The spirit cannot speak falsely, but is not compelled to speak.

Should be a ritual if it's a summon. 

MARTIAL ARTS

The old RQ 3 version of this skill might work better and is at least somewhat canonical. Doubles unarmed combat base damage if you roll under the Martial Arts skill I think? So 2d6 kicks, 2d3 fists.

AVONMORA:

Corgis are dogs and dogs aren't very Orlanthi. Overall Uleria already serves this role on Orlanthi society. Consider instead maybe the calming peaceful role of fog. Ecstacy works just as well as Calm. Add in some misty wispy stuff maybe?

Ecstasy

2 Points

Ranged, Temporal (3 hours), Nonstackable

Fertility, Disorder

The target is infused with immense joyous bliss, and bliss that is incredibly infectious. The target of this spell doubles their con for the purposes of resisting the negative effects of alcohol, drugs, or poison. Anyone under the effects must obey all of their passions even if there is a contradiction, and can only make attacks unarmed or with improvised weapons. If anyone under the effects of this spell makes a successful Communication roll or attack on another person, they make a Charisma resistance roll on the target. If they fail, they are also under the effects of this spell until the original time runs out.

Way too long a duration. Why isn't it just 15 minutes and extendable? The infectious part is overpowered in my opinion.

EKKAO:

The powers make sense together. Not sure about Alchemy stuff since I haven't done much with that in my game. The Rune Magic again seems a bit OP:

Stall

2 Points

Ranged, Temporal, Nonstackble

Stasis

If the user overcomes the target’s POW with their own, the target seems to slow down dramatically. Every action in combat the target slows in that any action that doesn’t take more than 1 Melee round of Strike Ranks takes 12, and are only able to perform one action that costs Strike Ranks per round. They also only have Movement 1 and can parry once per round.

Incredibly powerful. Suggest 1 point spell, stackable, adds 1 to target SR per point but target can still take at least one action per round in SR 12. No movement effect (since moving is an action that takes SR, no Parry reduction).

Water to Glass

1 Point

Ritual, Duration (1 Week), Nonstackable

Water, Stasis

Each point of Water to Glass turns up to 10 square meters of a stretch of water “solid”. It can be cut apart, shaped, but still appears to flow and creatures living in it can move through it just fine. The “solid” water is strong enough to support considerable weight and can allow a herd of Cattle to stride over it. Anyone with a Water rune over 40 can dive or swim through it if they do so intentionally, and the original caster can shape it. The water is as strong as fortress walls.

Why such a long duration? Make it a normal spell to cast, give it normal duration (extendable). You imply its stackable in text but say its nonstackable in spell description. Don't allow anyone to swim through it, it just forces all life out in a random direction as it solidifies. Can't be shaped. Shatters like glass. Specify thickness or change to 5 cubic meters per point (better imo if you specify amount by volume not area). Finally why glass instead of ice?

All just in my opinion of course. Take the notes you like, if any, ignore the rest. It's your game after all.

• Like 1

I will start out saying I shoot high mechanically, because it's easier for me to tune things down rather than the opposite, so that's fine. Also, as for the dogs...I like dogs. I will support all dogs until the end *salutes*

Gelmollan

Well, my original idea was a sort of Detective Dee sort of character. An investigator whose job is it to uncover more practical societal mysteries. Basically a "No one knows what is happening, please look into this." So basically someone's whose job is to help deal with the groundwork of holding a tribe together and handle problems. At least that was my thought. And given adaptability, I thought it'd be a good place to use the Martial Arts skill within the Orlanthi (IE, be ready for anything). I figured the investigation focus he'd need Truth, that was my thought at least. If you have any ideas I'd be willing to listen.

I'll take that advice for the Rune Spells. As for MA, it basically just gives an additional damage die if you roll under it on attack, and 6 armor in that location you parry with on defense. I was playing with different effects, but that may be better for spells.

Avonmorra

My thought with her was something more...Dionysian? Basically that sort of Bacchan frenzy (Which is what inspired that spell). I thought Uleria was just Love and Romance...so I wasn't aware she held a similar focus. Calm feels...too much like her Sister so I don't want to go quite that Route. I do want some variance between the siblings.

As for the spell, that goes back to the Bacchan thing...so it's meant to last as long as a "Festival" or that sort of thing...what if anyone else could...opt into the effect if they make contact with the target by spending magic? Spitballing. Also...is extendable duration an older edition thing? I don't see it in core.

Ekkao

Well, we'll see if anyone else is familiar with Alchemy then...I'm a bit worried about the mechanics behind those concoctions.

That works for Stall...as for Water to Glass.

My idea was to basically construct a temporary item out of nearby water for use, or just sort of...solidify a body of water. In my head it basically just allowed to the liquid to act Solid, instead of being Ice. At least that was my thought.

1 hour ago, RHW said:

The old RQ 3 version of this skill might work better and is at least somewhat canonical. Doubles unarmed combat base damage if you roll under the Martial Arts skill I think? So 2d6 kicks, 2d3 fists.

The current version works pretty much the same...

Gelmollan is still Lkankor Mhy or Humakt.

I get the Water to Glass - just the wrong word (because we think we know what glass is...). Stasis, to me, is fine. If it was Water to Ice, it'd need the Cold rune!

Ecstasy - make it a ritual like the Issaries Market spells... 15 min, plus Etxension otherwise. Instead of contagious, just make it an area affect. (might not be your intent, I know, but still....).

OTOH, you could just create a Passion Spirit for Ecstasy, having the same/similar effects, with contact making the spirit leave the first person and going to the next.

Just now, RHW said:

I couldn't find it in RQG, but I might've missed it.

p181

What sort of role could a brawler fit in the pantheon then? I presume he needs more than "Punch Stuff: The Person" (At least, I'd prefer a deeper role than that).

And I suppose Water to Stone would be more appropriate (Glass was from the Mirror motif for Ekkao).

And I'll take a look at Create Market. (And I still need to clean up Avonmorra's role if she's tripping on Uleria)

18 minutes ago, monkoflords said:

What sort of role could a brawler fit in the pantheon then? I presume he needs more than "Punch Stuff: The Person" (At least, I'd prefer a deeper role than that).

And I suppose Water to Stone would be more appropriate (Glass was from the Mirror motif for Ekkao).

And I'll take a look at Create Market. (And I still need to clean up Avonmorra's role if she's tripping on Uleria)

I'd suggest focusing on fog and wind and their relationship for all three gods. For example"

You could go with a myth where Gemellon blew away his mother's fog with his truth wind. He is the clearing wind. The anti-fog. His Strike spell is more like Find Weakness and doesn't have the Thunder but might have a cutting wind. Instead of summoning spirits as witnesses, give him magic to destroy illusions, blow away fog, and maybe reveal hidden things, that way you're not stepping on Lhankor Mhy as much and the martial arts are about truth, not thunder. He frees people from the fog. SPELLS: Cloudclear, Strike, Blow Apart Illusions

When thinking about Ekkao, maybe she's more the fog in people's heads than a mirror. She makes drugs. She brings physical and metaphysical fog. She clouds men's minds. Lose the Water spell, doesn't fit. Give her Conceal or some Illusion and Fog magic. She calms and hides and heals. She protects people from the harshness of Orlanth the same way her brother drives away the lies of Huraya. SPELLS: Peace, Healing Trance, maybe Invisibility, Fireshield, Mist Cloud, Inviolable. 

Avonmorra could be the rush of hearty wind, the freshening breath. More adrenaline than ecstasy (which is definitely Uleria IMO). That cold crisp air that gets you going. She hastens and energizes and amps people up. Gogogogogo! DOOOOO IT! She's oxygen. SPELLS: Living Blade (from RQ3), Arouse Passion, Leap, spells that keep you awake and lively.

• Like 1

Cult Thoughts:

Gelmollan: He reads a little like Storm Bull to me in the fluff, with the whole "his worshipers tend to congregate ... and then wander outwards searching for people to aid and corruption or horrors to put a stop to." Personally, I agree with others on the hound v. cat thing, but YGMV. If you're sticking with the hound, how does the cult of Gelmollan interact with the worshipers of Yinkin, and other Orlanthi for whom dogs are pseudo-taboo, to my understanding? This cult reads to me kind of like a vigilante; I'm getting a sort of Batman or Watchmen vibe, and I like it. That being said, the spell Thunder Strike feels odd to me, because it's explicitly unsubtle. I like where RHW's going with his suggestion that Gelmollan's more about wind than thunder, that he's blowing away illusion. Another way you could make him distinct from Lhankor Mhy is that LM cares about any knowledge, whereas Gelmollan's followers are concerned about human knowledge, info that helps on a day-to-day basis, discovering the truth of what's going on around them with less of that namby-pamby philosophizing junk.

For martial arts-y combat spells, how about something like Truefist? Maybe even let that unarmed damage double again on rolls under martial arts (but only Gelmollan's martial arts!). Otherwise basically a variant of Truesword. If you wanted to power the spell up more, call it Truestrike and let it apply to all unarmed strikes. The "ignores all armor & magic" part of Thunder Strike is crazy strong. For context, Sunspear is 3 points, instant, one-use in most sub-cults of Yelm, doesn't allow POW resistance, and still allows (the thinnest) armor. A strong Gelmollian with the Strength spirit magic spell and Thunderstrike could be dealing 1D3+2D6, more with an Ironhand buff in addition.

As I'm musing on it, one way you could handle the "blows away illusion" element, if you do decide to shift a bit windy, is that you could make the cult specialized in removing magic. Give them a cult-specific Dismiss Magic variant, or maybe something like Cure Chaos Wound but for dispelling spells cast by initiates of Chaos cults.

I think the wind element works well with this in addition because your martial arts description notes that practitioners are "mystically attuned to the flow of air."

On a smaller scale, I think "Unarmed" in Cult Skills should be replaced with Fist, Kick, Grapple. IIRC those are the actual skills on the character sheet. Likewise, should Orlanth provide Dismiss Air Elemental as well as Summon? Most extant cults don't just have one rendition.

For special things for Rune Lords, maybe they can sacrifice (or DI?) for the shaman ability Spell Extension? I note that the cult has a bunch of spirit magic (although its quantity of Rune magic makes me think overall it's intended to be a sort of middle-importance cult) and that ability is great for that type of character. I'm not sure, but my gut says Gelmollan doesn't quite feel like a cult which permits shamanism itself to get the ability. Hrm. Maybe it could, but that would probably require a lot of re-imagining the cult... Shaman-Lords constantly covered in Protection and Ironhand, calling upon the spirits of the wind to hunt down kinslayers and oathbreakers?

Avonmora: "Master" should be "Mistress of Ecstasy", IMO. I agree with others that elements fringe on Uleria, though I don't see the Dionysian elements in Uleria. (But I'm only really familiar with that cult from the Screen Pack.) Same dog comments as above. I like the notion of "most ridiculous festival"; it makes me think Trickster-ish-ly. How did the Mora Don and other followers of Avonmora manage to help push back the Lunars? I don't really feel like the actual spell list supports the fluff's claim. I don't have tons of fruitful thoughts on this cult, but maybe reskinning it as a sort of Trickster variant could help stir ideas? Reducing the psychopathy, the "is the Eurmali gonna kill me?" element, and increasing the whimsy.

Ekkao: IIRC the Sleep spirit magic spell in canon is a cult secret of Chalana Arroy. It makes perfect sense as a spell in Ekkao's repertoire, but I feel like there should be some sort of CA cultic association--whether she was taught it by CA, or she herself taught it to CA's cult in your Glorantha, or something else. In the Sleeping Draught, I'd make the roll to wake that they need to fail a POTx5 roll or something similar; I don't believe an actual "roll to wake sleeping person" exists in the Game System chapter. Calmgrass "the user has a +30 bonus to resist with addicted." I'm not sure what this means, and suspect a typo. For Another Eye, I think it's basically gaining the Second Sight spell for duration, and I think you should state that in the text. Does Devil's Speed allow the user to split attacks even with skill under 100%? I think your intention is no, but I find the wording ambiguous.

Godsblood's interesting. It reads like an "upper," but I'd think that a drug which increases Meditate is a "downer." This would be really strong, but maybe consider a bonus on rolls to overcome an opponent's POW with spells? That feels more like "raw mystical energy" to me than improved Meditate MP returns.

Since you described basically how the cult's alchemy works, I feel like you may as well add in the cost to the initiate per point of POT to purchase (in the core it's 50L per point, and the initiate needs to make the Alchemy checks).

The second sentence of Stall seems garbled to me. I'm not certain what the spell's supposed to do. I think RHW's +1SR/RP isn't enough back on your RP investment. Maybe something like "can only cast or make an attack on SR12" for 2RP (or even 3RP) would work?

You should specify what a Samoyed is. As it stands, it reads kind of like a funky allied spirit, or maybe a fetch?

Overall Thoughts:

Honestly, as I think back on these cults I wonder if all three might work better as shamanistic cults. Something sort of grown out of the Thunder Brothers stuff as the children of Orlanth, or in the sense that children of Orlanth are often demigods/heroes/great spirits rather than gods on the level of the Lightbringers. This idea particularly comes to mind because of my comments above about Gelmollan, and additionally because Ekkao's dream world stuff feels very much, to me, like a variation on the spirit world. I feel like there's a strong connection between dreams and spirits in Glorantha (and other fantasy worlds), and that to tap into those elements might make your work stronger. For making these specialized shamanistic cults along the lines of Yinkin or Odayla, I would probably start with toning their Rune magic down a little (mostly in quantity rather than quality), and then thinking about what sort of spirits each specifically works with. Gelmollan with Air spirits and mortal ghosts, Avonmora with madness spirits, and Ekkao with spirits generally? spirits of transition? I feel like Illuminate secrets lurking within the mirror goddess makes sense, but I don't feel that will best serve what I see in the text. Or maybe Ekkao's spirits of the future.

I acknowledge I'm not quite bringing the spirits/shamanistic end of things all the way through with Ekkao, but the cult as written, with the drugs to see beyond, the mirror stuff, the visions, it all feels very shaman-y to me.

Anyway, I hope my thoughts have been helpful. Your starting point looks like a fun place to begin from :)

• Like 1

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my publications here. Disclaimer: affiliate link.

Social Media: Facebook Patreon Twitter Website

As for my own contribution, this is the cult I ended up writing for the spirit of the White Bull. It's the spirit of Praxian Unity discovered by Argrath (hence "Argrath White Bull"). Some portion of the mechanics and fluff was inspired by @soltakss in threads some time back (especially the "initiates see their and other mounts as pure white" feature). My thought process was basically Argrath heroquested, helped bring the White Bull spirit into existence in the Godtime, which was simultaneously his shaman awakening HQ. Consequently, this spirit is both attached to Argrath in my Glorantha, as well as having its own sort of existence. Following when Argrath summoned Jaldon Goldentooth the White Bull Society exploded into a larger cultic awareness, which I've tried formulating as a mashup of spirit cult mechanics and wyter mechanics. The White Bull is simultaneously Argrath's fetch, a spirit worshiped by a spirit cult, -and the wyter for his followers, which unifies them against the Red Moon.

White Bull Spirit Cult.doc

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my publications here. Disclaimer: affiliate link.

Social Media: Facebook Patreon Twitter Website

10 hours ago, RHW said:

I'd suggest focusing on fog and wind and their relationship for all three gods. For example"

You could go with a myth where Gemellon blew away his mother's fog with his truth wind. He is the clearing wind. The anti-fog. His Strike spell is more like Find Weakness and doesn't have the Thunder but might have a cutting wind. Instead of summoning spirits as witnesses, give him magic to destroy illusions, blow away fog, and maybe reveal hidden things, that way you're not stepping on Lhankor Mhy as much and the martial arts are about truth, not thunder. He frees people from the fog. SPELLS: Cloudclear, Strike, Blow Apart Illusions

When thinking about Ekkao, maybe she's more the fog in people's heads than a mirror. She makes drugs. She brings physical and metaphysical fog. She clouds men's minds. Lose the Water spell, doesn't fit. Give her Conceal or some Illusion and Fog magic. She calms and hides and heals. She protects people from the harshness of Orlanth the same way her brother drives away the lies of Huraya. SPELLS: Peace, Healing Trance, maybe Invisibility, Fireshield, Mist Cloud, Inviolable. 

Avonmorra could be the rush of hearty wind, the freshening breath. More adrenaline than ecstasy (which is definitely Uleria IMO). That cold crisp air that gets you going. She hastens and energizes and amps people up. Gogogogogo! DOOOOO IT! She's oxygen. SPELLS: Living Blade (from RQ3), Arouse Passion, Leap, spells that keep you awake and lively.

That...all seems pretty reasonable to me.

Gelmollan
I need to work out how "Blow Away Illusions" works beyond POW vs POW for all illusions in sight or something like that to dispel them. I sort of like the counter-bad magic angle too. Crel Mentioned a variation of True Strike...which is fine, just given the Martial Arts skill already does that, would it quadruple the damage dice? (True (Weapon) doubles, rolling under MA doubles...so would a punch be 4d3?). It shouldn't take much to change him at his point. Mechanically he's the most reasonable.

Also, if anyone was curious about the Man run on him, that was meant to represent his base relation to people and his tie as a supporter of the civilization around him. Also...given the Air Martial Arts bent...I suppose he could also have a spell to hit people at range with Punch and Kick attacks (Literally throwing the air at them)

Gelmollan is the God that Destroys the Lies in your life and reveals the world as it truly is.

Ekkao

I like what you've all said...though I do want to keep the dream aspect. She is the retreat people go to when there is no recourse. Either literally in a chemical induced mental fog, or driving themselves into their dreams for slumber. She is escape and recovery. Not necessarily healing but solace. Search out people that are falling apart and taking them under their wing. Also Samoyeds are the poofy, white, smiley cloud dogs.

Samoyed-slide-5.jpg

I do want to stick with the dream thing...and yeah I can drop that water spell. I know you mentioned shamanistic things...but perhaps Ekkao is the one that fits that best. Perhaps instead of Rune Priests she has Shaman? Sort of Shaman they may work with "Dream Spirits" for focus.

As for the sleep spell...given they are both based on recovery anyway, she *should* probably have a relation towards CA. It would make sense.

Avonmorra

Yeah...I'm probably going to make her more of a Refreshing Wind/New Beginnings/Start of the Journey sort of Goddess. It fits in better with her siblings that way. Is there any God/Goddess that is protective of children? She could be the one if not. Thematically she'll need the biggest write up change...given she's no longer someone people would want to avoid, though I do like the two clans descended from her. Maybe instead of the weird parties, once per year there is a week long race or competition that starts with one Clan's location and goes to the other for FABULOUS prizes....what does Living Blade do?

On Dogs

Well...I am aware of the trouble with Orlanthi and Dogs...and it was originally just because I happen to prefer Dogs over Cats. Though, it could be a thing in their Mythology that they have literally never gone along with their Uncle, and taking on dogs instead of cats was just initially a way to spite him...which transitioned to them preferring the hounds they took on anyway. Obviously they would never get along with Yinkin cultists, but that's fine. That way leads to plot.

Summation for this post at least

I do want to stick with them being Gods and avoid them being spirits, that's just a preference of mine. I'm going to rewrite their base descriptions in a bit here...but yeah...

So, I'm trying to work out some specific spells as I think out more mythology for these 3. I was hoping to post them here to get some feedback if people are still interested.

Gelmollan

Special Rune Magic: Detect Truth, Analyze Magic, Cloud Clear, Dismiss Illusions, True Strike (Works for all unarmed attacks)

Dismiss Illusions

2 Points

Ranged, Instant

Truth, Air

This spell dispels all Illusion magic in 20 meters of the user. The user of this spell rolls POW vs POW against every creator of every Illusion spell in that range. If successful that spell ends immediately.

...This sort of gets across what I want, but I feel it's not quite where I want it.

Avonmora

Special Rune Magic: Dancing Winds, Leap, Charisma, Fearless, Invigorate

Dancing Winds

1 Point

Ranged, Temporal(4 hours), Stackable

Air, Movement

The target affected by this spell’s is pushed along by refreshing and buoyant wind as they travel. Their travel time during the period of the spell is cut in half. Targeting someone’s mount affects them as well. Another point can be spent to affect an additional two targets.

My thought here was literal get up and breeze pushing you along. Which...it does that but I'm not sure how critical movement speed is out of combat is.

Ekkao

Special Rune Magic: Hallucinate, Invisibility, Fireshield, Stall, Calmed Heart, Summon Dream Spirit, Dismiss Dream Spirit

Stall

1 Points

Ranged, Temporal, Stackable

Stasis

If the user overcomes the target’s POW with their own, the target seems to slow down dramatically. Every action in combat the target slows in that any action that doesn’t take more than 1 Melee adds 1 to the target’s SR per point. The target can always take an action that would normally take less than a full melee round at 12.

Calmed Heart

2 Point

Touch, Temporal (1 Day), Nonstackable

Harmony, Stasis

This spell may be cast on a willing subject, and for the next day, they are not bound to their passions, may not commit any violence, and are not affected by spells such as Demoralize, Berserk, or any other spells that may alter their emotions.

Stall was modified as suggested earlier...though I'm not sure if it's quite where I want it. As for Calmed Heart, I'm not fully sure how useful it is. My thematic is to bring a troubled or willing subject to a state of mental calm, and it works with Ekkao's revised theme.

Also, I switched up Ekkao's Rune Priests to be Shaman, and given existing Shamans statuses that appear in the Core Book God Cults having existing taboos for Shamanic abilities, I figured I'd give it a shot as well.

Never use any weapon but a whip

Always Dance when spellcasting

Must always be under the effects of Dreamwright during the entirety of Sacred Time.

Make a pilgrimage to the Mirror of Dreams in the Spirit World once per season.

I'm going to continue on fluff brainstorming (But feel free to throw that in too)

Edited by monkoflords

"

Stall

2 Points

Stasis

If the user overcomes the target’s POW with their own, the target seems to slow down dramatically. Every action in combat the target slows in that any action that doesn’t take more than 1 Melee round of Strike Ranks takes 12, and are only able to perform one action that costs Strike Ranks per round. They also only have Movement 1 and can parry once per round.

Incredibly powerful. Suggest 1 point spell, stackable, adds 1 to target SR per point but target can still take at least one action per round in SR 12. No movement effect (since moving is an action that takes SR, no Parry reduction)."

I don't know that I agree it is too powerful. A 3 point Rune Spell can outright kill a target (Sever Spirit). A 2 point spell that dramatically slows a target seems fair. I would probably just double the SR cost of their actions though, for simplicity. 

20 hours ago, Tywyll said:

"

Stall

2 Points

Stasis

Incredibly powerful. Suggest 1 point spell, stackable, adds 1 to target SR per point but target can still take at least one action per round in SR 12. No movement effect (since moving is an action that takes SR, no Parry reduction)."

I don't know that I agree it is too powerful. A 3 point Rune Spell can outright kill a target (Sever Spirit). A 2 point spell that dramatically slows a target seems fair. I would probably just double the SR cost of their actions though, for simplicity. 

I revised Stall as the following:

Stall

1 Points

Ranged, Temporal, Stackable

Stasis

If the user overcomes the target’s POW with their own, the target seems to slow down dramatically. Every action in combat the target slows in that any action that doesn’t take more than 1 Melee adds 1 to the target’s SR per point. The target can always take an action that would normally take less than a full melee round at 12.

14 hours ago, Shiningbrow said:

Does Dismiss Illusions only work on spells called "Illusion"? Or on any spells using the Illusion Rune (eg, Charisma, Clever Tongue, etc)? And what about Glamour? Or Sorcery spells using the Illusion Rune?

Currently any Spell with the Illusion rune, so I presume Sorcery. Glamour...being a spirit spell doesn't quite fall into that. Not sure if that's too wide or narrow. (I also don't want a laundry list of spells it counters)

Edited by monkoflords

14 hours ago, monkoflords said:

Currently any Spell with the Illusion rune, so I presume Sorcery. Glamour...being a spirit spell doesn't quite fall into that. Not sure if that's too wide or narrow. (I also don't want a laundry list of spells it counters)

Sorcery has a Neutralise Rune spell, so it would essentially be the same, just more powerful (being a Rune spell) - so you odn't need that laundry list. Just a straight out "any spell that uses the Illusion Rune" (although, that would bring about a complication - what about spells that can be cast with Illusion or some other Rune?)

16 hours ago, Shiningbrow said:

Sorcery has a Neutralise Rune spell, so it would essentially be the same, just more powerful (being a Rune spell) - so you odn't need that laundry list. Just a straight out "any spell that uses the Illusion Rune" (although, that would bring about a complication - what about spells that can be cast with Illusion or some other Rune?)

Well, it will do for now. I'll keep it as "Has the Illusion rune as one of its runes". for now.

Also, I've started to brainstorm some mythology here for these three. For the whole dog thing, I decided to have some fun with that, and have it be a back and forth of petty rivalry between Yinkin's Cloud Cats and Huraya's Fog Dogs (Which are based are the guardian version of Black Hounds).

That said, I do want some uncombined mythos for each. I was thinking of solving a Secret Murder (One that just happens without anyone claiming credit) for Gelmollan, perhaps the very first one.

For Avonmora I was thinking a representation of the "Great Race" challenge that's her born clans' shtick.

Ekkao should have something with Dream Spirits probably, but...I'm back and forth on how I want to do that.

2 hours ago, monkoflords said:

Would something like "Cast with the Illusion Rune or a Sorcery Spell with the Illusion Rune" work better?

The sorcery use of a rune can be destructive (Tap, Dismiss, Separate), also in connection with temporary reality (aka Illusion). I guess that using the Truth Rune to infer the Illusion Rune would count as "casting with the Illusion Rune".

Telling how it is excessive verbis

8 hours ago, Joerg said:

The sorcery use of a rune can be destructive (Tap, Dismiss, Separate), also in connection with temporary reality (aka Illusion). I guess that using the Truth Rune to infer the Illusion Rune would count as "casting with the Illusion Rune".

I admit I wasn't expecting this spell to end up this complex. The base idea is "dispel all lies with clearing wind", and it should in a reasonable distance push away illusions. That said...is that concept just

• Spells cast with the Illusion Rune
  • Spells with the word "Illusion" in their name
  • Or should I be more specific with it?