1983's RUNEQUEST COMPANION is now back in PDF

MOB

3 hours ago, Richard S. said:

I didn't even know there was a companion! Someday I'm gonna have to buckle down and buy all this old stuff just to see what all I've missed.

I thought it was the best RQ2 supplement. Very evocative, loads of scenario hooks, a full writeup for Unicorns and much more.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

1 hour ago, soltakss said:

I thought it was the best RQ2 supplement. Very evocative, loads of scenario hooks, a full writeup for Unicorns and much more

It added a lot to the world view: the first writeup of the Holy Country, lots of odd mythic and weird bits in the Jonstown Compendium, and the first piece of Gloranthan fiction!

• Like 2

Worth having for "The Smell of a Rat" alone, IMO. The first pieces of published Gloranthan fiction are reprinted here from Wyrm's Footnotes 2 or 3 (IIRC the Fadabius dispatch), too.

The Holy Country article was the fifth-best regional description available (after Griffin Mountain, Pavis, Borderlands, and Troll Pak for Dagori Inkarth) until Dorastor was published. The map lacked a gazetteer, which became my first productive contribution to Glorantha.

The snippets from the Jonstown Compendium contained the first hints at distant myths, like the Kralorela emperor list, or the three challenges of Yelm (Basko, Molandro, Jokbazi) and made our heads smoke for years.

And you just have to love the bison with its saddle and its leather stirrups on the cover.

• Like 1

Telling how it is excessive verbis

3 hours ago, jajagappa said:
4 hours ago, Joerg said:

or the three challenges of Yelm (Basko, Molandro, Jokbazi) and made our heads smoke for years.

And still have not been fully captured in the larger sets of myths

Even though the Red Emperor was clearly doing a Solar HeroQuest as Basko when he ambushed Sheng Seleris' nephews on the Ten Tests, or however many there were at the time.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Crel said:

Just wondering, what are the odds that Chaosium might make this (or other old PDF-only material) available in print, or Print on Demand? For those of us who prefer hard copies to PDF :).

RQ Companion is output of the RQClassic KS, one of the Stretch Goals.  There are still a few products to finish, but it's getting close...  😁🤗😍

Last I knew (the last time I saw Rick address the topic) Chaosium planned to wait for the whole KS to be done, and look for the best way to get everything printed then (I think they were hoping for economies of scale, even if just on the labor-costs of tracking down a single suite of bids/costs/etc, not having to re-do the "find the best solution" process for each product).

I don't know if they have any new thinking on this topic (and maybe I misunderstood then, or am misremembering now).

Edited by g33k

C'es ne pas un .sig