I've found this and I liked it so far....

Silentium

So, I´m a curious and eager fan of HQ 2, and by chance I found this on google. 

https://www.raquelallendesign.com/questworlds

I am really happy of what I read. It´s looking neat guys! =D

Edit:

5 hours ago, Ian Cooper said:

Well, it shouldn't really be out there yet. There is not a huge issue with you guys having it, but please don't promote it elsewhere, we are working hard to get this right before we go public with this

I think it's important to support the great team that is working with love in this proyect, so please, don´t promote the link. =D

Edited by Silentium
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Silentium said:

So, I´m a curious and eager fan of HQ 2, and by chance I found this on google. 

Oh, you are a very naughty and beautiful person! Thanks for finding these.

I wonder how long it will be before they are taken down. Time to save them locally, I think. By the way, it doesn't look as though you can save the individual images, but if you save the whole page as a Complete Web File, then open up the web page, you can copy the links into a browser and save off the individual images.

7 hours ago, Silentium said:

I am really happy of what I read. It´s looking neat guys! =D

Me too. It does look good.

3 hours ago, Richard S. said:

Well that's cool. It looks great so far, I can't wait to see the finished product! (but I'm probably gonna have to wait a bit more)

Well, if Silentium can complete another HeroQuest, we might be able to see more pages.

• Like 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

3 hours ago, soltakss said:

Oh, you are a very naughty and beautiful person!... 

You sir have created the first line for my memoirs "I'm a very naughty an beautiful person...". Hahahaha.

You are welcome.

3 hours ago, soltakss said:

Well, if Silentium can complete another HeroQuest, we might be able to see more pages.

Sorry, I'm out of Hero Points for the moment. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well, looky here.

If you download the images, put them in a Google Document, download as a PDF, upload the PDF to My Drive, open the PDF in Google Docs, Select All and Copy into a Text Editor, you get all the text. It is lousily formatted and jumbled up, but is all there.

Amazing what you can do with modern technology.

• Like 2

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

13 minutes ago, Ian Cooper said:

Well, it shouldn't really be out there yet. There is not a huge issue with you guys having it, but please don't promote it elsewhere, we are working hard to get this right before we go public with this

Of course. Absolutely. Won´t share it. =D

On 5/19/2019 at 11:11 AM, Corvantir said:

Thanks for the link.   👍

I like the layout and the rules seem to be better explained than in HQ2 and HQG.

I hope Action Points are just an option though and that Extended Contests can also be resolved through the use of Resolution Points.   :(

Yeah, the goal was to add APs back as an option but RPs are still the default

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Ian Cooper said:

What's maddening is that just looking at it in a different format I immediately caught two mistakes that I didn't see previously: No line break before section 1.4, and section 2.2 being skipped in the numbering.

<sigh>

1 hour ago, Iskallor said:

And what is Questworlds? I have missed this.

QuestWorlds is the forthcoming open-licensed successor to the HeroQuest Core Rules (HQ2) toolkit. The linked files are an excerpt from the SRD, currently released to only developers using it as a basis for upcoming games, such as Ron Edwards's "Cosmic Zap!"

Glorantha-specific implementations, will continue to use the HeroQuest name (and reserve that term as non-open product identity) with QuestWorlds becoming the identity for the system family overall.

Edited by JonL
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, JonL said:

What's maddening is that just looking at it in a different format I immediately caught two mistakes that I didn't see previously: No line break before section 1.4, and section 2.2 being skipped in the numbering.

<sigh>

If you need "fresh" eyes to look at the material, I am willing to help. I am a newbie to the game (so I have essentially no bias) and I am a published author, quite used at writing, editing and reviewing (I am a mathematician, so I write very complex text, and I developed a good attention to detail; or as my colleagues put it, I am a pain in the ass ;) .) I have also helped edit some gaming products; the latest one, Modiphius' Conan (with Jason Durall.)

Edited by rabindranath72
  • Thanks 1

On 5/20/2019 at 2:32 PM, Ian Cooper said:

Yeah, the goal was to add APs back as an option but RPs are still the default

Thank you for your answer. It's cool to give us such options. This is how I like generic game rules. A set of core rules and options showing us the various possibilites and ways to customize our experience.   👍

• Like 1