Fetch and spiritual entities growing

molmedoz

2 minutes ago, molmedoz said:

With time when a spirit become stronger, shouldn't the spirit CHAR increase?

The shaman ability "Expanded Presence" gives 3D6 "temporary" CHA to the fetch, explicitly for the purpose of learning more spirit magic spells (p. 360). This CHA doesn't increase the shaman's skill modifiers, SC damage, etc. It doesn't say if this CHA affects the fetch's SC damage, but I think the section's intent is that it does not. As far as I can tell, a shaman's fetch is intended to be stuck at the CHA rolled when it is made (but houseruling a new ability which increases its CHA, in order to increase the fetch's SC damage, spirits controlled, etc. seems reasonable to me).

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my publications here. Disclaimer: affiliate link.

Social Media: Facebook Patreon Twitter Website

Is there any reason that a fetch's CHA can't increase in the same way as an adventurer? If the shaman accomplishes some famous deed in which his fetch plays a prominent roll, I think the GM could give a point to the fetch.

Edited by PhilHibbs
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, PhilHibbs said:

Is there any reason that a fetch's CHA can't increase in the same way as an adventurer? If the shaman accomplishes some famous deed in which his fetch plays a prominent roll, I think the GM could give a point to the fetch.

I have always played what I thought were canonical rules that NPC's get the same checks as players unless stated otherwise (can't think of an exception off the top of my head).

16 hours ago, PhilHibbs said:

If the shaman accomplishes some famous deed in which his fetch plays a prominent roll, I think the GM could give a point to the fetch.

At least some spirit bling, yo!

(pimp your fetch)

Edited by Bill the barbarian
  • Like 2

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

3 hours ago, Bill the barbarian said:

(pimp your fetch)

But

But DAMMITALL ...

. . .

No, Bill.  This time you've gone too far!

No Ulerian shaman!

😉

Edited by g33k
winky. just in case.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

C'es ne pas un .sig