Tattoos and Piercings

RHW

6 hours ago, Bill the barbarian said:

Any of the HQ material that creates clans has clan tattoos i would think. I think I have even seen mention of what some of the rankings mean... I know that Sartar Kingdom of Heroes.does have examples of tattoos for all (?) the Colymar Clans. Now, is this available with more clan tatties or info on them somewhere in the public domain? Or can we post them here from Chaosium products? @MOB?  @Ian Cooper ? is yes, with accreditation and/or... what?

Cheers

There’s very little detail, that I can remember, in the section on tattoos in Sartar: KoH. It’s part of what prompted my question. It alludes to tattoos tied to rank and social status, but I think there’s only a simple example, so I wondered if there is a more detailed visual guide somewhere.

2 hours ago, daskindt said:

There’s very little detail, that I can remember, in the section on tattoos in Sartar: KoH. It’s part of what prompted my question. It alludes to tattoos tied to rank and social status, but I think there’s only a simple example, so I wondered if there is a more detailed visual guide somewhere.

Only bits and pieces. A number of the Colymar clan tattoos are depicted in the RQG Adventures Book. And then the visual elements shown in artwork including through Prince of Sartar. Clearly there must be cult tattoos as well.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, jajagappa said:

Only bits and pieces. A number of the Colymar clan tattoos are depicted in the RQG Adventures Book. And then the visual elements shown in artwork including through Prince of Sartar. Clearly there must be cult tattoos as well.

Yeah. I really like the detailed Colymar clan tattoos in the RQG Adventures Book. It’s just extremely limited in usefulness. I’d love to see a more general guide to Sartarite-Orlanthi cultural tattoos. Common themes and motifs that cross clan and tribal boundaries and unify the whole culture.

On 6/2/2019 at 6:28 AM, Bill the barbarian said:

Any of the HQ material that creates clans has clan tattoos i would think. I think I have even seen mention of what some of the rankings mean... I know that Sartar Kingdom of Heroes.does have examples of tattoos for all (?) the Colymar Clans. Now, is this available with more clan tatties or info on them somewhere in the public domain? Or can we post them here from Chaosium products? @MOB?  @Ian Cooper ? is yes, with accreditation and/or... what?

Cheers

I don't know the rules, but so far I haven't seen anyone getting into trouble for quoting or posting pics from official sources to answer questions, even in threads where mods have been posting. I don't think that anyone will mind if you post a single clan's tattoos.