Dragon Pass Pastimes

Don't worry, @Bill the barbarian, I think everyone ends up being corrected/informed/supplemented here, it's basically inevitable with the sheer amount of published material that's out there - including obscure stuff like old mailing lists, convention-only pamphlets, zines and personal discussions that only a few've been privy to.

Edited by Sir_Godspeed

7 minutes ago, Sir_Godspeed said:

Don't worry, @Bill the barbarian, I think everyone ends up being corrected/informed/supplemented here, it's basically inevitable with the sheer amount of published material that's out there - including obscure still like old mailing lists, convention-only pamphlets, zines and personal discussions that only a few've been privy to.

you know, I feel that way most times, hell usually it's the corrections that along with the great flights of fancy give the most benefit. Just every now and again you just feel...blah... That's why I said joke/observation. Only half serious.

And now back to the topic at hand...

Cheers

Edited by Bill the barbarian

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

I thought about the feat of "Little Borther" (or Barntar) facing bull(y) brother with nothing but a stick and a lariat when I saw this,  but the outcome is different as it results in a tamed bull - not the case here.

Telling how it is excessive verbis

34 minutes ago, Joerg said:

I thought about the feat of "Little Borther" (or Barntar) facing bull(y) brother with nothing but a stick and a lariat when I saw this,  but the outcome is different as it results in a tamed bull - not the case here.

Do you mean when Orlanth faced down Storm Bull for bullying Yinkin?

11 hours ago, Sir_Godspeed said:

Yeah, both representations work, really. Might have one Heortling and one Esrolian, with different mythical interpretations, for example.

Perhaps the Esrolian version being used by Earth Cults in Tarsh and only done by women

The Heortling version  could be done by various Orlanthi cults, with different meanings and  acrobatic jumps for each cult.

Ernalda: showing there is another way. 

Orlanth Rex: Balancing violence and co operation 

Barntar: Taming of the Bull 

Vingains: Embracing violence is always an option.

Edited by albinoboo

From Shin kicking to Sumo, virtually every culture has a form of Wrestling. It would be highly surprising if there isn't some form of Wrestling in Dragon Pass. You could even have a hero cult based on something similar to https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milo_of_Croton . Esrolian female earth wrestling has been banned by orders of the Grandmothers. 

1 hour ago, albinoboo said:

From Shin kicking to Sumo, virtually every culture has a form of Wrestling. It would be highly surprising if there isn't some form of Wrestling in Dragon Pass. You could even have a hero cult based on something similar to https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milo_of_Croton . Esrolian female earth wrestling has been banned by orders of the Grandmothers. 

Arm wrestling was a Sartarite sample character ability in Hero Wars, if I remember those introductory games correctly.

Telling how it is excessive verbis

1 hour ago, Joerg said:

Arm wrestling was a Sartarite sample character ability in Hero Wars, if I remember those introductory games correctly.

Plus in The Book of Heortling Mythology Barntar is described as so strong he once beat all the Thunder Brothers at arm-wrestling, and IIRC I've seen mentions elsewhere of Barntar being a good wrestler.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Leingod said:

Plus in The Book of Heortling Mythology Barntar is described as so strong he once beat all the Thunder Brothers at arm-wrestling, and IIRC I've seen mentions elsewhere of Barntar being a good wrestler.

Just keep in mind it s not arm wresting without beer, some say lots of beer but I don't like to argue when I am arm wrestling. I tend to spill my beer.

MORE BEER. <BANG> NEXT!

21 hours ago, albinoboo said:

Barntar is known to the best wrestler among the Thunder Brothers.

• 1 year later...

Thanks for leaping keeping this resource in BRP denizen's sight. Sir_Godspeed. I hope this resource gets used both by readers and contributor’s alike. Don't forget to share your gems so these can be great set pieces in any Gloranthan game. 

Cheers

Edited by Bill the barbarian

• 2 years later...