Jump to content
Joerg

Researching the Good Points about MRQ1 and the Glorantha the Second Age setting, from a Sceptic's POV

Recommended Posts

42 minutes ago, Shiningbrow said:

Thanks @metcalph. Not only are you missing my point (which I'm beginning to think is intentional by everyone), but you're actually helping to prove it! This "shut up and go away" mentality is the problem I see.

I didn't tell you to shut up and go away.  If, for example, you had merely mentioned that you had an MRQ campaign and wanted suggestions then it would have been fine.  But that's not what you were doing.  You were:

a)  complaining that people didn't like MRQ's stuff (so what?  There's nothing you can do and whining isn't going to help)

b) claiming that MRQ was brilliant stuff because it had invented the acolyte which mean nasty Jeff stole for RQG and refused to give thanks and praise.

c) slagging of chaosium for not having ETAs on their products (in response to the factual statement that MRQ's material was poor because they had short deadlines).

In short, you were becoming worked up and aggressive about the fact that you had a minority opinion about MRQ (that's okay - if some people think the Phantom Menace is a good film thenit's surely legitimate to think that MRQ's material was good) .  My statement that you should learn to accept the state of affairs and move on nipped your impending tantrum in the bud and for that I make no apologies.

I did not miss your point because you did not even make it.  Now begone and do not @ me in the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, soltakss said:

You won;t win this one, though, as opinions are very entrenched

That's what I hate about this world... the need to fight for something that's actually fair...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, metcalph said:

I didn't tell you to shut up and go away.  If, for example, you had merely mentioned that you had an MRQ campaign and wanted suggestions then it would have been fine.  But that's not what you were doing.  You were:

a)  complaining that people didn't like MRQ's stuff (so what?  There's nothing you can do and whining isn't going to help)

b) claiming that MRQ was brilliant stuff because it had invented the acolyte which mean nasty Jeff stole for RQG and refused to give thanks and praise.

c) slagging of chaosium for not having ETAs on their products (in response to the factual statement that MRQ's material was poor because they had short deadlines).

In short, you were becoming worked up and aggressive about the fact that you had a minority opinion about MRQ (that's okay - if some people think the Phantom Menace is a good film thenit's surely legitimate to think that MRQ's material was good) .  My statement that you should learn to accept the state of affairs and move on nipped your impending tantrum in the bud and for that I make no apologies.

I did not miss your point because you did not even make it.  Now begone and do not @ me in the future.

I'm not surprised, but...

a) no. I was pointing out that people have opinions which cloud fair and reasonable objective judgement. If there's nothing I can do about that, then fine. I do consider it unprofessional and immature. (to contrast, you can say I'm naive...)

b) no. I thing MRQ has some good points, and the above opinions represent an unfair (and emotional) bias against them. I tried to use an example, however I chose one that was wrong. I admitted it (something I'm noticing you're having a problem with - unless you truly honestly believe there is absolutely nothing positive in al the thousands of pages of MRQ material (which, as I've been saying over here, is not only attacking the company, but all the individuals who worked on it as well...).

3) Yes, I did slag off Chaosium for not having ETAs on products. Remember that an ETA is an "estimated time of arrival", and those estimates can change. I accept that - unless an estimate is 2 (or 20) years wrong (which is historically factual as well!) I'm quite capable of slagging off Mongoose for poor products, as well as Chaosium for no time lines at all! I try to be fair like that!

Yeah... I do get aggressive when simple honesty becomes relegated to the sidelines in order to keep up the rage. The simple honesty of "X was a good feature - perhaps we should consider it". I was wrong about Acolytes (third time I've said that now!) Am I completely wrong about the watermarked artwork on each page? The front covers? Heroic Abilities (which make for great HQ rewards)?

You miss  ignore my point because it challenges your butthurt fanboi-ism.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, for my side, about the rules, given than RQ6/Mythras has been available for a while, I can't see many reason to use MRQ I & II or refer to it.

About Glorantha content, I have no issue taking ideas in the best books, S&P issues or Living Glorantha scenarios, as I do with every other fan material.

By the way, about Living Glorantha scenarios, as they are still available via web.archive, I'm wondering if we are allowed to link to them, or if there is a licence / ownership issue?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, 7Tigers said:

By the way, about Living Glorantha scenarios, as they are still available via web.archive, I'm wondering if we are allowed to link to them, or if there is a licence / ownership issue?

Yes, there is a license/ownership issue. Please do not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shiningbrow said:

This "shut up and go away" mentality is the problem I see.

[Wearing Moderator Hat]: I moved the discussion here.

No one is being silenced. However this forum is the appropriate venue to discuss the Moongoose version, for those that wish to.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 7Tigers said:

Well, for my side, about the rules, given than RQ6/Mythras has been available for a while, I can't see many reason to use MRQ I & II or refer to it.

About Glorantha content, I have no issue taking ideas in the best books, S&P issues or Living Glorantha scenarios, as I do with every other fan material.

By the way, about Living Glorantha scenarios, as they are still available via web.archive, I'm wondering if we are allowed to link to them, or if there is a licence / ownership issue?

I sure hope those scenarios are not available, as they are now copyright violations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/26/2019 at 11:26 AM, David Scott said:

I always felt there should have been at least one Rush song title as a chapter name). I also liked the abiding book.

One should always use more Rush. Here we go, love the new digs Feels a bit roomier. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, MOB said:

[Wearing Moderator Hat]: I moved the discussion here.

No one is being silenced. However this forum is the appropriate venue to discuss the Moongoose version, for those that wish to.

 

Thanks @MOB - although that quote of mine you used wasn't actually related to the move.

The original discussion came from "What things from MRQ should be (at least considered) for RQG"... perhaps the subject line disguised that. Would that have made a difference to this thread's location? (As I wrote above - if it was any other source of inspiration from any other game, the thread wouldn't have been moved)

Just curious!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...