cacodemon

galafrone

The Cult Compendium has a writeup of Cacodemon and I think it is more recent as it contains Vomit Acid, which is one of my most favourite spells. If not, Lords of Terror has a writeup, I think, but is out of print.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

Of the three versions, I'd go with the Cult Compendium. It's RQ2 revised from the RQ3 version and still available.

The three main references are

RQ2 version - Griffin Mountain (CHA4013 Original & Classic) Griffin Mountain (ISS1606) - both still available.

Special Rune Spells Create Ghost, Create Skeleton, Create Zombie, Sever Spirit

This version can summon Cacodemon

RQ2 version (Revised)  - Cult Compendium (ISS1608)  - still available

Special Rune Spells Create Ghost, Create Skeleton, Create Zombie, False Form, Sever Spirit

This version can summon Cacodemon & Fiends of Cacodemon

RQ3 version - Elder Secrets of Glorantha, Elder Races Book.

Special Divine Magic: Create Ghost. Detection Blank, False Form, Vomit Acid.

This version can summon Cacodemon & Fiends of Cacodemon

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

Thanks David.

RQ3 Fiends are like RQ2 Cacodemon. I like the idea of summoning Cacodemon itself, our PC have fought Cacodemon several times in a couple of campaigns, it always goes well.

Shame about Vomit Acid, though.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

11 minutes ago, soltakss said:

Vomit Acid should be included in every version of RQ, in my opinion.

To be fair Simon, it's just a rune spell version (with a bit more rules) of the Chaos feature Spit Acid , which is in RQ2 & RQG.

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

1 hour ago, David Scott said:

To be fair Simon, it's just a rune spell version (with a bit more rules) of the Chaos feature Spit Acid , which is in RQ2 & RQG.

But much, much more fun!

Derak the Dark Troll, one of our RQ2 PCs, had The Hero Stone, which was a 4 point Crystal that gave access to any reusable runespells from any cult that was Enemy (0) to Chaos on the Cult Compatibility chart. So, in RQG terms, it would be a 4 point Rune Pool to all cults enemy to Chaos. It regenerated on a weekly basis. So, you could cast Shield 4, or Berserker, or Face Chaos or whatever. Once Derak went on a HeroQuest and, as a result, the Hero Stone was infected by Chaos, so instead of just Cults Enemy to Chaos, it also allowed cults Associated (4) with Primal Chaos. By that time, we had got  hold of Gods of Glorantha and Elder Secrets, so he cast Vomit Acid a few times.

• Like 1