Runequest is the game I didn't know I always wanted.

Ochoa

22 minutes ago, g33k said:

The boar, or the uroxi?

In that case, I would say the boar is a prettier sight, and I'd replace the Uroxi with an apple before applying the spit.

In any case, that's the pretty end for a tusker boar. Tasty, too.

Edited by Joerg
  • Like 1

Telling how it is excessive verbis

3 hours ago, Bill the barbarian said:

"Mmmm, roast Uroxi", says one troll to the other, "My Fave!".

Must be a Zorak Zorani. Most trolls avoid religiously to burn their food.

• Haha 1

Telling how it is excessive verbis

2 minutes ago, Ochoa said:

Also, do people have a good resource to recommend for determining loot?

It's old school RQ2, skews on the rich side of hauls, and some entries will need updating to current mechanics, but there's the Plunder PDF available right now.

https://www.chaosium.com/plunder-pdf/

By and large, it's directly applicable.  There are one or two of my favorite plot hooks in this book, vying for honorable mention in the ranks with 76 Patrons.

!i!

• Like 1

carbon copy logo smallest.jpg  ...developer of White Rabbit Green

On 7/8/2019 at 12:01 AM, Jeff said:
1 minute ago, Ian Absentia said:

the ranks with 76 Patrons.

That is high praise indeed.
I'm also looking for a guideline to more mundane treasure, though.

Portfolio at www.juanochoa.co

Plunder can get you there.  Most tables are straight-up money in handfuls of Clacks, Lunars, and/or Wheels.  You'll have to suss out Treasure Factors on your own, but a quick scan through the tables will give you a sense of relative amount of loot someone/thing might be able to carry on them as well.

By the way, may favorite entry is from the Gems/Jewelry table: "Costume jewelry that serves as a deed."  A deed to what?  How do you find out?  How do you collect?  What do you mean Raus is squatting on the property I'm entitled to?

!i!

• Like 2

carbon copy logo smallest.jpg  ...developer of White Rabbit Green

6 hours ago, Ochoa said:

Also, do people have a good resource to recommend for determining loot?

Often, the best loot is arms and armor taken from baddies. A broadsword's worth 50L, nearly as much as a Free household's yearly income (60L). But of course it's always satisfying to find coins, and most folks have lousier gear than swords and bronze plate. In that case, I tend to roll one or two dice, depending on how well-off I imagine the opposition. Usually 2D6 coins in a purse, or 1D6 and 1D8. D6 Lunars, and D6 or D8 clacks. If someone specials and I'm feeling benevolent, I might stick in a gem worth some number of dice in Lunars.

Be careful with the Plunder treasure tables. They're calculated for RQ2 values. IIRC in the conversion appendix to RQG, it recommends providing treasure values one tenth of what's listed for RQ2 and RQ3 adventures.

• Like 2

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my publications here. Disclaimer: affiliate link.

Social Media: Facebook Patreon Twitter Website

Yeah, Plunder works well, if you downgrade the monetary values. I'd just use Lunars for Wheels, Clacks for Lunars and ignore Clacks. 

I am sure I did a D20D100 sheet for Treasure, using my extended Plunder rules, I'll have to dig it out and redo it for RQG. Basically it gives you a sheet, all you need to do is roll a D20 and a D100 to work out which row to use, then go across to the calculated TF range and it gives you the treasures. Much easier than generating them on the fly.

• Like 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Now that’s a duck mini I could get behind. I saw some on a current KickStarter that are too medieval for my tastes, so don’t really fit Glorantha. That said, I’d to see a duck’s webbed feet on a mini, or at least see them in flared boots reflecting the shape of their feet, but that’s a minor complaint; one doesn’t notice such things in the midst of a minis melee. 

It's great to see RQ is back and getting played again, particularly in the setting of Glorantha.

It very much reminds me of my old RQ2/RQ3 days, except Magic works a bit smoother, and now we have Runes & Passions playing a pivotal role. It's always been a great game, and even with these amendments it is relatively intact and easily recognisable as the game we played back then (in contrast to a certain well known rpg which keeps changing dramatically so with every edition).

I really like how the Pendragon dials got seemlessly blended into RQ - that has been a great idea, and this edition has the most clear version of Glorantha I have seen. 

Really cool stuff, I'm eager to run a RQG game next year (after our current rpg campaign wraps up), and it's great to see pics of it at others' gaming tables! 😎

Edited by Mankcam
  • Like 4

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

19 hours ago, Mankcam said:

It's great to see RQ is back and getting played again, particularly in the setting of Glorantha...

...I'm eager to run a RQG game next year (after our current rpg campaign wraps up), and it's great to see pics of it at others' gaming tables! 😎

I agree wholeheartedly. Will that be IRL or an online game? If the latter, count me in!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Shiningbrow said:

Maiden!!!!!🤘

Not sure I follow, how Dickinson and crew figure in this thread, damn I hate getting old, what did I miss this time...

PS
on the unrelated (as fas as I can see) derailed topic... dispatch has given me my call for their (maiden's) next show (woohoo!) as a hand!

Edited by Bill the barbarian
  • Haha 1

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

11 minutes ago, Bill the barbarian said:

Not sure I follow, how Dickinson and crew figure in this thread, damn I hate getting old, what did I miss this time...

You missed my friend's Maiden-themed FIEND FOLIO Tshirt!
Image result for fiend folio maiden tshirt

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Portfolio at www.juanochoa.co