Runequest is the game I didn't know I always wanted.

Ochoa

7 minutes ago, Qizilbashwoman said:

okay but do they come in maiden shirts, because I'm not going to wear a tent with giant tube arms

Its a good thing I am not willing to give up any of my local crew tees then, they only give us extra large (anyone for a Maiden dress?).

• Haha 1

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

On 8/20/2019 at 9:12 AM, Szwagier said:

I agree wholeheartedly. Will that be IRL or an online game? If the latter, count me in!

Well I'm just thinking of running RQG face-to-face with my local group. Dice at the table and all that. One of those friends discovered Glorantha with me back in the mid 80s as teens, and has recently got back into it with the current iteration of Glorantha. He is no doubt eager to roll dice and cause some kinda Rune Lord carnage, heh heh

(he is an occasional lurker here, so he may be smiling as he reads this...:-)

However if there is interest for an online game, then that is something that could be considered next year, pending time commitments. We'll see.

I would be eager to be involved if the stars are right 😁

Edited by Mankcam

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

On 8/19/2019 at 3:33 AM, Ochoa said:

So we didn't finish the big battle. Still, awesome session and finally, PCs low on magic points!

IMG_20190818_151732171.jpg

Young people playing RuneQuest, I approve. Far better than a table whose average age is 50.

• Sad 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

On 8/23/2019 at 6:35 PM, soltakss said:

Young people playing RuneQuest, I approve. Far better than a table whose average age is 50.

I think my group is over that on average but the oldest member has never roleplayed prior to this year, so I'm saying that he doesn't count so we are below it.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, PhilHibbs said:

I think my group is over that on average but the oldest member has never roleplayed prior to this year, so I'm saying that he doesn't count so we are below it.

Totally valid reasoning, and I approve.

Portfolio at www.juanochoa.co

8 minutes ago, Ochoa said:

Would you fight this guy?

I mean, that's a loaded question since this isn't D&D, is he trying to fight me or does is he just testing the weight of the sword he's trynna buy from me?

Is he a troll? Usually they have tusks (they point UP) but I'm not trynna criticise, just clarify.

Edited by Qizilbashwoman
  • Haha 1

Just now, lordabdul said:

That's pretty cool @Ochoa ! Unless I missed some earlier messages, I don't think you described your setup (printer, material, modeling process, etc.). Could you share that? Thanks!

It's a SUPER cheap filament printer, (Fabrikator 3d, I don't think you can even buy it anymore) with default settings. Moving up to an Ender 3 in october if the game illustration hustle keeps paying off :)

Chose the Ender because of this guy:

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, lordabdul said:

modeling process, etc.

I did 3d for most of my adult life and would use zbrush and 3dmax, these days I'm doing most everything in Blender. These are my first foray back into 3d after 6 years, and they're mostly kitbashed from a ton of free resources found on thingiverse.

These look great!  I've occasionally considered getting into printing mini's.

A few things I'm curious about (and these are general questions for any Makers, though obviously Ochoa has shown some great expertise here! )

• What's the preferred material for minis' fine detail?  Are there more than one?
  • What's the cost of the media itself, the raw filament (or resin, or other material) on a (rough) per-mini basis?
  • How many "rough draft" or "prototype" mini's do you create before settling on a "final" unit?  (Obviously more-detailed ones take longer, and similar designs are quicker)
  • How much time do you take (hours) modelling and refining a unit before you're willing to call it "done (enough)"?
  • What stupid oversights/assumptions am I making?  What do I not know that I don't know?

TYVM!

• Like 2

C'es ne pas un .sig

10 minutes ago, g33k said:

• What's the preferred material for minis' fine detail?  Are there more than one?

There's 2 types of filament, ABS and PLA. ABS smells like burning plastic so i don't use it. 

11 minutes ago, g33k said:

• What's the cost of the media itself, the raw filament (or resin, or other material) on a (rough) per-mini basis?

20 cents or so with PLA, according to https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr_uz-iWzyR1VJNlN-E1y7w who is basically my guru for this stuff.

13 minutes ago, g33k said:

• How many "rough draft" or "prototype" mini's do you create before settling on a "final" unit?  (Obviously more-detailed ones take longer, and similar designs are quicker)

I did 3d most of my adult life so I can whip up afigure prettyquickly. Say 2 or 3 hours to model. Now, with this printer I can't get all the qaulity I could model into afigure, so I don't usually take that long. Mind you there's a TON of free miniature resoruces on thingiverse!

14 minutes ago, g33k said:

• What stupid oversights/assumptions am I making?  What do I not know that I don't know?

There's a lot of tinkering and trial and error involved, but once you get it running it's a delight!

Also, no expertise at all!
I got this cheap little printer on a whim about a year ago, mucked around with it a bit and put it in storage, and not till RQG came into my life did I feel the need to push it to acceptable mini quality!

Edited by Ochoa

18 hours ago, Crel said:

What's the nasty monster in the back? He/She/It/Quibbldorf looks like a good time!

A surprise. Basically a summoned awfulness, either chaotic or lunar in nature, who will bolster the baddies in their dawn assault. I haven't defined his powers yet but thinking (since I printed out a smaller version before doing the properly scaled one) that he'll start out human-sized and rush the barricades, getting killed quickly, and a turn after that will burble and rise as the big version.

IMG_20190829_152445510.jpg

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Ochoa said:

... he'll start out human-sized and rush the barricades, getting killed quickly, and a turn after that will burble and rise as the big version ...

From the players' POV, that presents them with the awful possibility that if they kill it again, it will burble and rise as an even bigger version... ad infinitum (or until they're all eaten, whichever comes first).

As a PC, I'd be looking for Befuddle & other non-damaging ways to take it out of the fight.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

1 hour ago, Ochoa said:

A surprise. Basically a summoned awfulness, either chaotic or lunar in nature, who will bolster the baddies in their dawn assault. I haven't defined his powers yet but thinking (since I printed out a smaller version before doing the properly scaled one) that he'll start out human-sized and rush the barricades, getting killed quickly, and a turn after that will burble and rise as the big version.

That's friggin' awesome! Combine that with the comments of g33k and it could be an interesting encounter!

• Like 1

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

8 hours ago, Ochoa said:

Sounds really cool! Visually, looks a bit like the Rancor from Return of the Jedi to me. Reminds me of a chaos horror I once fought which I thought was a canon Glorantha critter but isn't in the RQG bestiary soooo... IIRC basically was the stats of like 4 people melded together and then had a bunch of chaotic features stacked atop it.

Hope the session goes well!

• Like 2

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my publications here. Disclaimer: affiliate link.

Social Media: Facebook Patreon Twitter Website