Sign in to follow this  
Firebird01

Pirates and Dragons Ye Legacy

Just starting a new campaign using Pirates and Dragons as a base system, and as I already do a log for the players so that they can more easily remember my carefully designed plot hooks and not wilfully misinterpret information given out in the sessions (some hope) thought I might as well post it on here to see if anyone else enjoys it, I will try to keep it easy to follow and fairly regular if I can but it will contain some group in-jokes and such like so sorry about that in advance.

NB the treasure map was drawn on real papyrus I got in an art supplies shop. GMs top tip here, when you spend time an effort to design a treasure map and then carefully divide into nine intriguing parts make sure you scan or copy it before cutting! More time spent piecing it back together so it can be copied.

Pirates and Dragons Ye Legacy season 1.docx

A'Ha Me Hearties and other piratical expressions etc.

Here be attached part two of the saga, along with the aforementioned treasure map fragments and the letter the characters have received for their ancestors written 45 years before the events unfolding.

We are still very much in the plot set up stages here but hopefully the story will start to unfold a bit from now on as everybody seems to be settling into character, especially 'Crimson' Jack who wilfully misinterprets the spoken word at every opportunity.

Pirates and Dragons Ye Legacy season 1 part 2.docx Pirate Pact.docx Treasure map obverse.pdf Treasure map.pdf

That's getting pretty interesting and the map is really cool.

As a quick FYI, if you wish to be as accurate as possible in French, the feminine for for "Comte" would be "Comtesse". But being that Gallic is a fantasy French-like language, you could easily overlook this little aspect.

Can't wait for part 3.

Better issue a blanket apology for those speakers of other languages out there, if I make any errors it is simply my bad as I was always a typical English man and useless at learning other languages. I won't let it get in the way of a good story though!

3 hours ago, Firebird01 said:

Better issue a blanket apology for those speakers of other languages out there, if I make any errors it is simply my bad as I was always a typical English man and useless at learning other languages. I won't let it get in the way of a good story though!

No need to apologize, language can be hard to learn...French in particular is tricky. But you are right the story is great and I really enjoy it.