Two Sisters Area

Dan Z

22 hours ago, Lurking Grue said:

Very nice map, indeed! Kudos!

Maybe it's my monitor, but IMHO the colors for elevation lines and roads are way too similar. Maybe use a dashed or dotted line for roads or change the color to be less red (maybe even make it black).

Probably a bit of both.  I've looked at it on multiple displays and some it looks fine others it looks like elevation.  I did have the elevation lines as dash-dot lines but decided to make them look more like standard elevation.  I'll probably take one more pass and will ensure the road is more visible. Thanks for the feedback!

--

Doorkeeper to cats.

If it's for print out for play, you may wish to snip a section & sample how elevation vs road lines show on the page...   You don't want to re-print entire pages multiple times to fix the one minor issue!

Really nice work, btw... I envy your players if this is your normal standard for prep!

Edited by g33k
F'ing autocorrect
  • Thanks 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

• 10 months later...
56 minutes ago, Puckohue said:

Thanks for the very nice map. I'm hoping to use it for an online Battle of the Queens using HoTT miniature rules.

I have a question (not that it's very important, but still): what altitude difference do the elevation lines signify?

Thanks!  I should have put that on the map, as it is I can't remember what I had thought of it as but i'm inclined to say (on the large scale map) 10m per elevation line which puts Old Top about 160m in height.  However it might be too steep in which case 5m per elevation line would work.  Let me know how it goes!

• Thanks 1

--

Doorkeeper to cats.

That is a great map! Thanks! But I think we should have Odd Tower (sometimes called Old Tower) on the largest one, no? A nice thing to add on the lower part of the map. There is also a Dragonnewt ruin or settlement between Odd Tower/ Old Top and Two Sisters.

And the Creek seems small, it is already more than 150 m wide (ca. 500 feet) upstream at Dangerford if I recall correctly 

Edited by Minlister

2 hours ago, Minlister said:

That is a great map! Thanks! But I think we should have Odd Tower (sometimes called Old Tower) on the largest one, no? A nice thing to add on the lower part of the map. There is also a Dragonnewt ruin or settlement between Odd Tower/ Old Top and Two Sisters.

And the Creek seems small, it is already more than 150 m wide (ca. 500 feet) upstream at Dangerford if I recall correctly 

I'm not sure about the width I was using the map in Wyrms Footnotes #15 and Jeff's suggestions above.  Odd Tower and the Dragonewt location I'm pretty sure I left off on purpose because I gave my player's this map (when they were at the Battle of Queens).  If I get a chance I'll add them on.

--

Doorkeeper to cats.

On 5/4/2020 at 10:16 PM, Minlister said:

That may be a shallow stretch, with a lake-like river-bed. Judging from the map of Isle Dangerous, two arms with a total width of 150 feet / 50m, and no more than 1 m depth are sufficient to transport the water onward. 

That said, swimming in a narrower river will mean quite a bit of downstream (downcreek?) drift unless you are a champion swimmer.

• Like 1

Telling how it is excessive verbis