RuneQuest Sword - fit for a rune lord (TYPE 40)

MOB

Our friends the master prop makers at TYPE 40 are making RuneQuest swords, modelled on the sword from the cover of the RuneQuest Roleplaying in Glorantha Quickstart - here's the first one, fit for Rune Lord!

IMG_20190608_132557_580.jpg.c478473087c13356c926b3bd65421262.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Nice!!!

a) are they sharpened or blunted?

b) what accessories? Stand? Scabbard? Plaque?

c) what do they weigh?

d) 100% bronze?

e) if you happen to know, will they customise? In particular, Runes and their locations...

and, of course, f) pricing?

(should I point out that if it was "fit for a Rune Lord", then it should actually be made of iron? Or gold, or copper, or silver or some other Rune Metal.... :D:D:D)

Edited by Shiningbrow

22 hours ago, Shiningbrow said:

a) are they sharpened or blunted?

Blunted, fairly obviously from the photo.

22 hours ago, Shiningbrow said:

(should I point out that if it was "fit for a Rune Lord", then it should actually be made of iron? Or gold, or copper, or silver or some other Rune Metal.... :D:D:D)

No, because bronze *is* a Rune Metal 🗡️

41 minutes ago, Julian Lord said:

Blunted, fairly obviously from the photo.

I see the tip, but not an edge. I'm also asking if they'll all be like that... Or some will be "battle ready"?

I do love it! If I had the money and space, I'd definitely be buying!! 

When I first read this thread title, I immediately recalled an old fanzine article for RQ2 called 'Rune Blades', I think it was in an old White Dwarf magazine from the early '80s.

I remember it was about swords foe cult heroes, imbued with powers associated with the Runes. I would like to stumble across that article again, it probably could be just as relevant with RQG as it was with RQ2.

Edited by Mankcam

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

Wow, yeah that was it. I had it in my collection, it was pretty good. I'll have to hunt it down, thanks for the link

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

4 hours ago, Crel said:

Did... did you just remember that? 😮

Yes, I've committed all the boardgamegeek URLs for RuneQuest magazine articles to memory. It's the only way. If only there were some kind of engine that allowed things to be searched for, then I wouldn't have to.

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, PhilHibbs said:

Yes, I've committed all the boardgamegeek URLs for RuneQuest magazine articles to memory. It's the only way. If only there were some kind of engine that allowed things to be searched for, then I wouldn't have to.

Damn! We're so lucky to have you here then!!!

On 6/18/2019 at 7:00 PM, PhilHibbs said:

Phil is a Hero of Lhankor Mhy - He even has the beard to prove it.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

3 minutes ago, soltakss said:

Phil is a Hero of Lhankor Mhy - He even has the beard to prove it.

A real hero has several beards he or she can switch at need...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Telling how it is excessive verbis