Atomik generic add ons

Agentorange

Saw these mentioned in another thread and was sufficiently intrigued to buy. Forked out the extra cash for the POD version ( four books rolled into one ) which arrived today. Obviously haven't had much time to leaf through the book but so far I must say I'm very impressed. I've started reading the first one: Atomik Alienz and it's pretty good. It's not just a bunch of alien race stats, but a whole primer on planetary types, possible life form types, methods of movement, technology etc etc..

To give you a flavour here's a listing of topics covered in chapter one of Alienz

ALL THESE WORLDS

Galaxies like grains of sand

The milky way

Drakes equation

Abundant life

Stellar classification

Planetary orbital dynamics

The biozone

Planetary attributes

Planetary classifications

The moon and sixpence

Multi star system

and there's four more chapters after that: Children of the stars, Alien civilisations, Xenobiogenesis, Alien races. And thats just the Aliens supplement.

I can forsee some serious reading in the near future

You can get them at www.pigames.net

I bought the Magick (hate that spelling) and Grimoire books. I've only skimmed them, but already can tell that a lot of effort has gone into them. Organization also looks pretty good, but more of a review than that will have to wait until I have more time -- probably my next life.

Steve

Bathalians, the newest UberVillians!

Any links or more general description about what these books are for, who publishes them and what they are compatible with? Any links?

Years ago they started out as fan supplements for the Fuzion game system. Even those early version were very detailed and well thought out. After the author decided to go commercial with them he pulled all the Fuzion stats and made them generic, adding lots of additional stuff. I still own all the Fuzion versions but never picked up the generic stuff. But if the early stuff is any indication, they are well worth any reasonable investment.

Rod

Join my Mythras/RuneQuest 6: Classic Fantasy Yahoo Group at https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/RQCF/info

"D100 - Exactly 5 times better than D20"

Years ago they started out as fan supplements for the Fuzion game system. Even those early version were very detailed and well thought out. After the author decided to go commercial with them he pulled all the Fuzion stats and made them generic, adding lots of additional stuff. I still own all the Fuzion versions but never picked up the generic stuff. But if the early stuff is any indication, they are well worth any reasonable investment.

Rod

I also only have the Fuzion versions, but I'd tend to generally concur.

I believe it was me who brought these up and I really have to endorse the magic supplements for a fantasy game, these are the only Atomik add-ons that I own, but they are extremely helpful and give you a plethora of useful spells.

But, when at the last the arm of Skarl shall cease to beat his drum, silence shall startle Pegana like thunder in a cave, and MANA-YOOD-SUSHAI shall cease to rest......Lord Dunsany

Responsible for: https://ancientvaults.wordpress.com/

Though as I mentioned in that thread, one should be aware that Atomik Magik is biased away from what we would consider tactical magic, in that only "hung" spells will typically be castable fast enough to be useful in combat unless you use a faster casting speed than the minimum case they mention.

True, Nightshade. I use the 1st column for spell times with Prolonged varying as a ritual. This allows for a faster casting time and is a quick fix to spells taking more time to cast than we are generally used to.

But, when at the last the arm of Skarl shall cease to beat his drum, silence shall startle Pegana like thunder in a cave, and MANA-YOOD-SUSHAI shall cease to rest......Lord Dunsany

Responsible for: https://ancientvaults.wordpress.com/