Minimum Skill Chance?

Dan Z

32 minutes ago, g33k said:

With a good enough roll... maybe!

I figure that prone, a 20' giant has a profile maybe 2m (shoulder-to-shoulder) X 1m (front to back), and "shrubbery" could effectively hide that outline...

It all depends on the shrubbery.  There's a ligustrum lucidum (glossy privet) in our yard that's about 10m tall and as thick with leaves as possible.

--

Doorkeeper to cats.

1 hour ago, g33k said:

I figure that prone, a 20' giant has a profile maybe 2m (shoulder-to-shoulder) X 1m (front to back), and "shrubbery" could effectively hide that outline...

and on that note, off to seek some shrubbery! Come noble steed...

<Clop, clop, Clop, clop.>

<muttered> Where ever did he get coconut shells in the lands of The Alone Undertribe?

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

41 minutes ago, Bill the barbarian said:

and on that note, off to seek some shrubbery! Come noble steed...

<Clop, clop, Clop, clop.>

<muttered> Where ever did he get coconut shells in the lands of The Alone Undertribe?

I was wondering how long it would take to reach this point... 😉

--

Doorkeeper to cats.

11 hours ago, Shiningbrow said:

Since we've gotten to this point, I can legitimately ask - what should be the % chance of cutting down a tree with a herring?

Oh I would give it equal weight with the two of us getting into a Monty Python's The Fish-Slapping Dance in the next couple of days... (still on topic... strictly speaking)!

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/26/2019 at 5:13 AM, Shiningbrow said:

So, a 20' tall giant with 40 POW and 12 DEX still has a 5% chance to effectively hide behind the shrubbery? 

In my Dorastor, the Giant King of Neverdead is a 16m tall Giant Vampire. In one scenario, he disguised himself as a tree, basically by holding some snapped off branches and sticking a could of bushes down the back of his armour, as he Fumbled his Stealth roll. 

• Haha 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

13 minutes ago, soltakss said:

In my Dorastor, the Giant King of Neverdead is a 16m tall Giant Vampire. In one scenario, he disguised himself as a tree, basically by holding some snapped off branches and sticking a could of bushes down the back of his armour, as he Fumbled his Stealth roll. 

You mean, he didn't disguise himself...