What is the Moon Wind?

EricW

The Moon Winds are the Lunar friendly faction in the Red Cow clan, not a cult or otherworld being.

Unless the Red Goddess gains a final victory over Orlanth in the upcoming Hero Wars, there is no way she will gain access to air elementals.

Telling how it is excessive verbis

18 minutes ago, EricW said:

What exactly is the Lunar Moon Wind? Is it one of the Young Elementals, the missing air elemental? Is it a corrupted version of Orlanth?

What magic does it provide to worshippers?

I would guess it was Sedenya finding some way to create a Young Elemental for Storm or perhaps even birthing some kind of new Storm god or demon as part of its last, desperate attempt to keep the Red Moon in the sky by trying to turn Orlanth's element against him. But as far as I know the brief mention in King of Sartar is really all we have to go on, so it could be anything you want it to be, honestly.

3 minutes ago, Joerg said:

The Moon Winds are the Lunar friendly faction in the Red Cow clan, not a cult or otherworld being.

Unless the Red Goddess gains a final victory over Orlanth in the upcoming Hero Wars, there is no way she will gain access to air elementals.

I think he means the "Moon Wind" mentioned as fighting for the Monster Empire during Moonfall in 1655, as described in King of Sartar. Not the Moon Winds of the Red Cow saga.

EDIT:

The empire, in response, summoned the Seven Granddaughters of the Red  Moon, The Twin Fire Demons, the Vampire Legion of Karn, the Stonewall Soldiers, the Fingers of the Goddess, the Jailers of the Dandarath, the Blue Wizards, the Blue Serpent, and the Moon Wind. But, as was his way, Argrath did not do what everyone expected him to do. He did not wish to hazard the lives of all the best beings of body and spirit against the gods of entropy, as if this was another Battle of Doom.

Edited by Leingod

24 minutes ago, EricW said:

What exactly is the Lunar Moon Wind? Is it one of the Young Elementals, the missing air elemental? Is it a corrupted version of Orlanth?

I'm assuming you are referring to the Guide page 742 and KoS 2ed page 28 where the Empire summoned the Moon Wind to defend against Argrath's attack on the Moon.

I'd like to think its souls of dead Danfive Xaroni or Danfive himself finally able to express his true nature in a suicidal manifestation. However it's likely against the compromise, but this is a world bending event. See Pavis GTA page 398 or HQG page 191.

24 minutes ago, EricW said:

What magic does it provide to worshippers?

Danfive Xaron

Note that the upcoming RQG version of the cult's runes are Moon, Harmony, and Death and has no connection to the wind rune.

• Like 2

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

2 hours ago, Joerg said:

Couldn't they get it through Entekos's storm attendant? I forget his name.

5 minutes ago, Sir_Godspeed said:

Couldn't they get it through Entekos's storm attendant? I forget his name.

Doburdun, called Loyal Storm and Urnbudud (Mastinan for "Thundering" and a title shared with Orlanth, Vadrus and, oddly, Shargash) but that's just a Pelorian cult that is a subject of the Lunar Empire and isn't rebellious like that of Orlanth, not really what I would call a "Moon Wind." Plus, his names and titles and powers are already known to the Sartarites, so they'd just call him Doburdun.

1 hour ago, Leingod said:

Doburdun, called Loyal Storm and Urnbudud (Mastinan for "Thundering" and a title shared with Orlanth, Vadrus and, oddly, Shargash) but that's just a Pelorian cult that is a subject of the Lunar Empire and isn't rebellious like that of Orlanth, not really what I would call a "Moon Wind." Plus, his names and titles and powers are already known to the Sartarites, so they'd just call him Doburdun.

I don't consider him Moon Wind either - but I was wondering if Lunars could get access to Wind Elementals through him.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/29/2019 at 9:26 AM, EricW said:

It is defintely not one of the Young Elementals, as the Young Elemental of Storm was not created, which is one of the reasons why the Lunars don't have dominion over Storm. in my last campaign, one of the ways of defeating the Lunars would have been to HeroQuest back to the Void that the Red Goddess found, go there and find the Young Elemental of Storm, or to create it from the Young Elementals of Earth/Fire. That would have given them a way into the Lunar Ways, through the new Young Elemental, but controlling it through orlanth/Storm rather than the Lunars. The campaign ended before I could use the idea, though.

• Like 2

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here