Harpy Dung

10baseT

I want to ask the collective, would you say Speedart or Multimissle work on Harpy dung? Would you also give Harpy dung a -5% to hit per 3 meters like when they drop stones, page 100 of Bestiary?

It also mentions, only Chaos creatures would associate with any victim hit with dung. I know my PCs wouldn't abandon one of their team hit with dung per se, but i want to encourage this 'dis-association' effect. Maybe anyone nearing the victim runs a small chance of being exposed to a diseased and if within 10 meters, also suffers -40% to skills due to the debilitating stench. I dont know, what would you do, any ideas?

Speedart - yes, no problem (although adding the physical damage might reduce the splatter effect of the dung, possibly canceling the to hit bonus).

Multimissile - only the original "missile" is real and can leave behind the after-effects, all other missiles do the impact (i.e. no physical damage) and then disappear without a trace. The psychological effect may be worth such a maneuver, anyway.

Firearrow would work too, but cancels out all the special effects.

Telling how it is excessive verbis

6 hours ago, Byll said:

Can unicorn riders counter-missile harpy dung with unicorn dung arrows? (Or perhaps sling'shots'?) :)

Many things went through my mind as I entered BRP Central this fine Sunday morning. Why, said I,  I think I shall have a larf at Egregious Munchkinerry, or see the flame wars in the Geases section, nah, I know, I will go over to Dragon Pass Pastimes and see if that hairy barbarian has finally got off his fat hairy arse and finally posted something good! Ah, here's a new topic...

But had you asked, "Hey Mr. Barbarian, what is the chance you will read the sentence..."

Can unicorn riders counter-missile harpy dung with unicorn dung arrows? (Or perhaps sling'shots'?

Why I might have said, "Uh, uh, not much of a chance, Mr. Question-Asker, Oh, and by-the-by, why do you ask?"

Cheers

Edited by Bill the barbarian
  • Haha 1

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

2 hours ago, Bill the barbarian said:

Many things went through my mind as I entered BRP Central this fine Sunday morning. ...

I hope you enjoyed your Sunday brunch.

• Like 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

On 7/6/2019 at 11:59 PM, 10baseT said:

I want to ask the collective, would you say Speedart or Multimissle work on Harpy dung? Would you also give Harpy dung a -5% to hit per 3 meters like when they drop stones, page 100 of Bestiary?

Yes, it's just another type of missile.

On 7/6/2019 at 11:59 PM, 10baseT said:

It also mentions, only Chaos creatures would associate with any victim hit with dung. I know my PCs wouldn't abandon one of their team hit with dung per se, but i want to encourage this 'dis-association' effect. Maybe anyone nearing the victim runs a small chance of being exposed to a diseased and if within 10 meters, also suffers -40% to skills due to the debilitating stench. I dont know, what would you do, any ideas?

The Multimissiles wouldn't carry the chaotic effects of Harpy Dung, in my opinion, but you would still be slimed, at least temporarily.

• Like 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here