TrollPak, Pavis, Big Rubble PDFs now available

MOB

The final PDFs from the RuneQuest Classic Kickstarter are now available. All groundbreaking releases for the RPG art form in their day, and now easily compatible with the new edition of RuneQuest. 
—TROLLPAK - https://www.chaosium.com/trollpak-pdf
—BIG RUBBLE - https://www.chaosium.com/big-rubble-pdf
—PAVIS - https://www.chaosium.com/pavis-pdf
All fully-remastered PDF true to their original printing.

troll-covers-600.png.a83e90b6b0bf61181b5105af1b411eb0.png

covers-600.png.72b4a0f3affaa0f6da658373465e033b.png

pavis-covers-600.png.2b8b2e65530c4cda32696d352c2ad8e2.png

The three final RQ Classic releases are now also available at DriveThruRPG. All fully-remastered PDF true to their original printing.
—TROLLPAK : http://bit.ly/30oQVUU
—BIG RUBBLE : http://bit.ly/2LOSZlc
—PAVIS : http://bit.ly/2XFnwJs 

Edited by MOB
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Lurking Grue said:

Any chance of Chaosium printing these and selling dead tree versions of them some fine day?

+1

The availability of print copies was, IIRC, set as an expectation during the KS, but no specific commitment was made (that I recall).  But there was a LOT of discussion, so I may not recall...

I think Rick's last comment on the topic was that Chaosium would look at the whole pile of Stretch Goals, once they were complete, and try to pull together a maximally-cost-effective print run.

I too prefer the DeadTree for most of my game books, and am hoping this happens!

• Like 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

10 hours ago, g33k said:

The availability of print copies was, IIRC, set as an expectation during the KS, but no specific commitment was made (that I recall).  But there was a LOT of discussion, so I may not recall...

They are a thing of beauty, even mine with covers falling off, coffee rings, fallen off :(

If they become available again I will buy replacements, without doubt, When is in question, budget and all, not if.

Cheers

Edited by Bill the barbarian

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

2 hours ago, MOB said:

The final PDFs from the RuneQuest Classic Kickstarter are now available. All groundbreaking releases for the RPG art form in their day, and now easily compatible with the new edition of RuneQuest. 

15 bucks cdn, That can't be much more than the original price back when the Canadian dollar was worth more that the American and disco was king. the late seventies early eighties. 

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

5 minutes ago, Akhôrahil said:

Why settle for that? Dead sheep version!

It only clicked in my head that parchment is dead sheep! One of those "read, but didn't fully get" things.

(Edit: not that I thought it was live sheep.. That would just be weird. Even as a mobile library)

Edited by Shiningbrow

6 minutes ago, Shiningbrow said:

It only clicked in my head that parchment is dead sheep! One of those "read, but didn't fully get" things.

(Edit: not that I thought it was live sheep.. That would just be weird. Even as a mobile library)

You have never read Edna the tattooed lady.

• Haha 1

This "dead trees" aka wood for sheep topic reminds me of Catan...

I wonder whether there is a joint donkey breeding program by Waha, Issaries and Lhankor Mhy. Issaries for mule breeding, LM for the parchment, Waha for the salami.

Rather than just the booklets, do we have a chance to get pdfs or similar formats of the maps and handouts, too, or is that the province of the t-shirt, bedsheet and coffee-mug department? And for the DIY pros among us, pdf or similar for the box covers and sides?

• Like 2

Telling how it is excessive verbis

1 hour ago, Joerg said:

Rather than just the booklets, do we have a chance to get pdfs or similar formats of the maps and handouts, too, or is that the province of the t-shirt, bedsheet and coffee-mug department? And for the DIY pros among us, pdf or similar for the box covers and sides?

The poster maps are included with the PDFs. Thus you will get a PDF of the book, and a PDF of the poster map. Player Handouts are also part of the book PDF, so it's only a matter of printing out the desired pages. Box sides are not available. The front of the box is the cover of the book, and likewise for the box bottom and the back cover of the book.

• Like 1

Hope that Helps,
Rick Meints - Chaosium, Inc.

11 hours ago, Bill the barbarian said:

15 bucks cdn, That can't be much more than the original price back when the Canadian dollar was worth more that the American and disco was king. the late seventies early eighties. 

Turns out theres a cost difference between electronic versions where you can copy them to infinity and it costs nothing, to dead tree versions made of matter that has to be printed, packaged, stored, and shipped?  :)

5 hours ago, styopa said:

... electronic versions where you can copy them to infinity and it costs nothing...

I'm pretty sure all the "unlimited storage" sites actually charge, these days.

Thus, copying to infinity has a cost.

😉

Edited by g33k

C'es ne pas un .sig

10 hours ago, Joerg said:

If you want print versions of the maps they are available in the Gloranthan Cartography section of our Redbubble Store. Depending on their SIZ, maps are available in a variety of formats from Greeting Cards to Posters, from Throw Blankets to King-size Duvet Covers.

2053670156_ScreenShot2019-07-12at12_21_36pm.png.0212562301dc532b302eaaa58c0b8dac.png

19 hours ago, g33k said:

I think Rick's last comment on the topic was that Chaosium would look at the whole pile of Stretch Goals, once they were complete, and try to pull together a maximally-cost-effective print run.

Print versions are still in the works for all the RQ Classic PDFs. It's only a matter of how they get printed. Something we are still best figuring out.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, MOB said:

If you want print versions of the maps they are available in the Gloranthan Cartography section of our Redbubble Store. Depending on their SIZ, maps are available in a variety of formats from Greeting Cards to Posters, from Throw Blankets to King-size Duvet Covers.

That could be the start of a thread... Possibly a NSFW thread...

(Speaking of, what is the thread count? :p)

7 hours ago, MOB said:

Print versions are still in the works for all the RQ Classic PDFs. It's only a matter of how they get printed. Something we are still best figuring out.

Excellent news! A follow-up question: Would you consider having a similar offer with these like with RQG, where if you ordered the PDFs from the Chaosium store, you got a discount on the printed versions (of the same) from Chaosium store. Not likely, but it doesn't hurt to ask (Ouch! Look where you're pointing that dagger!). That was a splendid offer and most likely only for RQG.

9 hours ago, Lurking Grue said:

Excellent news! A follow-up question: Would you consider having a similar offer with these like with RQG, where if you ordered the PDFs from the Chaosium store, you got a discount on the printed versions (of the same) from Chaosium store. Not likely, but it doesn't hurt to ask (Ouch! Look where you're pointing that dagger!). That was a splendid offer and most likely only for RQG.

The general rule is that you get a free PDF with a printed book purchased on chaosium.com. That isn't just an RQ thing. We do that for Call of Cthulhu as well. For most books if you first purchase the PDF on our website you will get a discount on the printed version if you purchase it from our website. 

As for these RQ Classic titles, it mostly depends on how we offer these printed books for sale. If we go POD and use an external site like Lulu or DTRPG then we probably can't do the discount. That's how it currently works for some of the books in the Stafford Library series. You can buy PDFs of them on our website, but to get the printed book you have to buy it on Lulu.com. If we end up selling the printed books directly on our website then we probably will have a "purchased the PDF" discount. NOTE: one of the real problems with Lulu and DTRPG in this situation is that they do NOT share customer data with us. We get no info on who purchases anything on those sites.

Thus, I can't guarantee the discount at this time.

Ideally, we would love to just sell these books directly on our website but that means investing a fair bit of cash on regular print runs of books that may not sell in the volume required to justify doing that. We don't want to print 1000, get them to all three warehouses, and then only end up selling 200. That's why this is tricky to figure out.

Hope that Helps,
Rick Meints - Chaosium, Inc.

50 minutes ago, Rick Meints said:

Ideally, we would love to just sell these books directly on our website but that means investing a fair bit of cash on regular print runs of books that may not sell in the volume required to justify doing that. We don't want to print 1000, get them to all three warehouses, and then only end up selling 200. That's why this is tricky to figure out.

It's kind of a thorny knot.  I look forward to your solution.

One notion -- have you considered a KS project where the "stretch goals" represent, not more content, but a superior price-points, quality of product, and other economy-of-scale advantages?  I'm not clear how that recent multi-Zine KS worked (and how it worked out) but they may have a multi-product model you could leverage...

FWIW and all that...

But to be clear -- my basic position is one of gratitude:  THANK YOU for getting all that Classic Goodness into our hands!

• Like 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

19 hours ago, g33k said:

I'm pretty sure all the "unlimited storage" sites actually charge, these days.

Thus, copying to infinity has a cost.

😉

If you really want to be pedantic, Google offers 15g free with any account, so no, you could just open a series of google accounts and copy to infinity.

So...no?