Using Heroquest mastery system's

Pierre

Hello ! 
With the upcoming arrival of the French version of RQG, our Francophone community is having a lot of discussion around the issue of the heroic level. 
I was wondering if Chaosium was considering carrying the Heroquest mastery system's (a system that I find very smart, simple and effective) to RQG ?

Hi Pierre!

I think a forthcoming product -- pretty far advanced -- has heroic / heroquesting rules in it.  No ETA is announced (Jeff has stated that it will be done when it is done).

So far as I have seen, Chaosium hasn't stated that it either does or does not have any part(s) with system(s) related to what's in the HQ line.

I believe I have seen 2 working titles that refer to the same work in progress:  the "GM's Soucebook" and the  "Campaign Guide."  I could be wrong, those could be 2 different books with 2 different completion dates.

C'es ne pas un .sig

56 minutes ago, Akhôrahil said:

Don't forget the skill subtraction - it's how RQ handles this. The 445% guy will trash the 345% one.

I know, but I don't like it because in my mind, the guy with 345% should have at least a chance.

if you used the HeroQuest system, both would roll as if they had 45%, but the one with 445% would turn his results to one better grade of success. A failure into a succes, a success into a special, a special into a critical. It would still be exciting.

Read my Runeblog about RuneQuest and Glorantha at: http://elruneblog.blogspot.com.es/

28 minutes ago, Runeblogger said:

I know, but I don't like it because in my mind, the guy with 345% should have at least a chance.

if you used the HeroQuest system, both would roll as if they had 45%, but the one with 445% would turn his results to one better grade of success. A failure into a succes, a success into a special, a special into a critical. It would still be exciting.

On the other hand - we don't think that someone with 0% skill should have much of a chance against 100%, right? The difference in skill between 345% and 445% is equally large.

And besides, this is still RuneQuest - one Crit/Fumble combination later... 😄

Edited by Akhôrahil