Mythras and Magical Items

inwils

One of the things I like about the Mythras Ruleset is how there was not a huge list of magical items which players can find in chests and hordes of treasure.

I run a human only campaign as well, I like the idea that simple factors such as lack of light really gets the players to think (love dynamic lighting on Roll20 too)

I was wondering, how do you deal with magical items in your campaigns? I am not sure whether I want to start putting it into the campaign although I have seen some people do this successfully.

Do people go down the 'better quality' idea? or the use of making some of the folk magic permanent - e.g. bladesharp?

Looking forward to hearing how you incorporate magical items.

inwils | 🎮 Gamer | 🎲 RPGer | 📹 YouTuber | 💻 Blogger | inwils 🎧 Podcaster

To be honest, I generally use RQ-style magic items.

So, Spell Matricies that allow you to cast a spell without knowing it, permanent spells that are always on and cannot be dispelled, crystals that allow you to store magic points, enchantments that allow you to store magic points and so on.

For Mythras-specific magic items, you might have binding enchantments that store Spirits that can be released, items that increase/decrease Passions, or items that give you mystical powers.

• Like 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here