RQG for Fantasy Ground?

BistonSteve

I'm a long time Runequest Fan, and I'm absolutely delighted with the new RQ Gloratha game and setting .

But I also use Fantasy Grounds for roleplaying with friends who live too far away for conventional games.

Are there plans to have RQG added to Fantasy Grounds like Call of Cthulhu and BRP?

• Like 3

I believe there are both FG & Roll20 fan efforts.  I don't know if Chaosium has any plan to "bless" any of those as official, or to issue any other "official" content.

At one point, they certainly had the hope to have official VTT content, maybe even the intention to have it... and they may still.

Hopefully, Somebody Official (tm) will be along to comment...  Though I admit, I don't know WHO (or I would @summon them) would be the Right Somebody.

• Like 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

• 2 weeks later...

Both are on-line applications. FG has gone the extra step and set up licensed games that is supported with items that are pertinent to the campaigns, but it seems both can be used. I have experience with R20 as it is more generic.  Just google the two names to find out more.

Roll20 can be found at roll20.net.

It is far and away the more frequently used when compared to Fantasy Grounds, not least because it is free to use. But is also has a effective LFG system and it is pretty easy to link your friends into the game from outside. There are character sheets that have been set up for RQG, RQ3 an RQ classic, and these can be chosen from a drop down menu when you set your campaign up. There is plenty of support, demo vids and an active forum to discuss problems. There is also an integrated market place for VTT counters and backgrounds, though very little of it matches the RQ vibe and themes.

Most people use Discord for audio, this gives a stable and easy to use platform for the audio and allows easy messaging out of game. Having said that I have always found that the audio on Roll20 worked reasonable well - but many disagree with this.

There is a limit to the storage space that you are given on a free subscription - but if you are careful with your file sizes that shouldn't be a problem if you are just running three or four games.

Drivethru recently took over another VTT provider and re-branded it Astral, it is also free to use. That is worth looking at, but is still in its infancy. What makes it interesting is that you can set up the PCs tokens with a link to an external URL - which can be an editable PDFs if you have that saved in Google Docs.

To go back to the OP, I know that is it is a hassle to have two different accounts - but if you want RQG on a VTT I would suggest you at least look at Roll20. I can vouch for the system and have successfully run an RQG campaign there most weeks for about a year.

• Thanks 1