Scenario ideas to take place in Japan

Hello, i'm a newer Keeper for CoC, started some months ago. Have been thinking about writing my own module at some point, as I've mostly been running modules to get the feel of running games. I been wanting to try someone in the area of Japan, with a bit of a doomsday prevention scenario. What are some known mythos events going on in that area of the world? Or ones that could work? Sort of playing with a suggested idea of disruptions of shrines, sort of like in the novel series Teito Monogatari, some may be more familiar with Toky: The Last Megalopolis. Any suggestions? The Secrets of Japan book I do not have, though wish I got it before it disappeared.

• 4 months later...

I just finished a trilogy of scenarios set in the center of Honshu. The presence of Cults to various Mythos deities and Great Old Ones is attributed to translations of dangerous texts arriving with the Jesuit Spaniard and Portuguese missionaries and priests. The setting is mostly pre-Edo period, but Cthonians causing tremors, Ryugu really being R’yleh among other Mythos ideas included are really fun to use in any era I expect.