Two-Headed Serpent - KEEPERS ONLY (Spoilers)

Spooky Mizu

Looking for suggestions. Here's my situation:

My group of six players is doing the NYC chapter with the mafia and their attack on the Meadham building (in retaliation for Red Hook).

*Two characters are outside dealing with Hylsa, who had been double-crossed by the PCs, knocked out, and thrown in a trunk of a car. Hylsa busts out with the Become the Darkness spell and goes on a rampage.

*Meanwhile, one hybridized PC walked down the corridor to the Belgian Congo and goes through the gate.

*Another is heading to the Artifacts Room, hunting for Tyranish's scepter.

*Two of the PCs are busy collecting the bombs planted by Ardito's men. They are trying to disperse the bombs to do the least amount of damage to the building. They missed one bomb on the fifth floor, placed at least three active bombs on the 16th floor against an outside wall, and 2 active bombs on the twelfth floor near the elevator. They have one minute until the bombs go off, and have no chance to leave the building before that happens.

I'm trying to figure out how much damage does it take to bring the building down? Depending on the damage rolled, is it possible for them to survive the bombs going off? I think they all have at least 30 luck, so according to Pulp rules, they CAN survive, but there are so many things that can go wrong here.

My players are keeping me busy. 😀

Any thoughts or suggestions?

I also posted this on the Two-Headed Serpent Keepers Facebook Group and on Yoggie.

Stepping out of the rules system, to bring a building down you need to attack the load bearing framework. You can punch holes in a building all day, so long as the the LBF stays reasonably intact. Since the PCs are moving the bombs, they're not too heavy. If it is pre-WW2 and the Mob, odds are it is commercial dynamite, medium-speed explosives at best, untamped, you're not looking at too great of a threat unless placed directly up against key structural points. Since it is a very tall building, it probably has an exterior box structure, which means the PCs may have moved the bombs to bad positions. But the bombs are pretty far apart. If the bomb planners had been smart, every bomb would have been on the second or third floors.

If it is post-WW2 military-grade explosives, still untamped, the risk is higher. 

But all things considered, if the PCs run like hell, they should be OK. Bystanders outside are in extreme danger, though, as it will be raining lethal-velocity building materials for a city block.

OH!  That helps quite a bit.  Thank you, JDS.

I'll probably use a few luck and dex rolls.  Most of them have enough luck to escape certain death.

With the building staying erect, it should also allow an opportunity for some searching of the Meadham private floors.  

Should be fun.