The Hero Wars Are Between …

mfbrandi

Spun off from the Religion and Satire thread — which idiot started that?

17 hours ago, scott-martin said:

[I]t strikes me that one of the best bits of unclaimed treasure from the HeroQuest era was … “the hero wars are between [X] and [Y],” where the specific poles around the conflict would shuffle every time you loaded …

[L]ooking backward like some kind of angel of history the real war is between Klee and Millet, a kind of immediate broadway boogie-woogie relationship with these once-fake gods versus the sentimental nostalgia that sees only a disenchanted world in sore need of restoration, “if only” things worked that way.

If it had been between Klee and Millett, I’d have backed Sexual Politics all the way, but as it is, it is an easy win for the Swiss, right? And I think PK has Aldrya on his side.

Spoiler

Klee (living trees) vs. Millet (trunk being sawn up)

Any suggestion that I was swayed by my teenaged self’s Penguin editions of Steppenwolf and The Glass Bead Game is entirely …

Although I may think we are all about taking a line for a walk here in Trollgameland, the aesthetics of RPG art often suggest something more backward-looking … and Klee died in 1940.

NOTORIOUS VØID CULTIST