Inspired by Hart- "These dreams...every second of the night I live another life."

Gray Raven

These Dreams by Hart

These dreams go on when I close my eyes
Every second of the night, I live another life
These dreams that sleep when it's cold outside
Every moment I'm awake, the further I'm away

There's something out there
I can't resist!
I need to hide away from the pain
There's something out there
I can't resist!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41P8UxneDJE

Has anyone ever run two parallel scenarios?

What has always fascinated me with Dreamland is that the characters live in the Waking World, but every night they sleep perchance to Dream.  They, through a spell or a curse or just the fear and dread of the Walking World problems, stumble upon and try to take refuge in Dreamlands.  Thus, running a Waking World scenario in which a variety of actions and events would be played out, and then the Keeper would say that the characters bed down to sleep.  Then a Dreamland scenario would take place.  

Either within the same game session, or alternating game sessions would either be spent with the characters in the Waking World scenario or the Dreamland scenario.  Neither are allowed to complete themselves as the characters experience the normal cycle of sleep and waking.  Whether they recall those Dreamland events fully when they wake up, they might awaken with a compulsion to investigate certain things in the Waking World that could aid their Dreamland problems.  The characters roll a very low sanity roll to simulate the feeling of that strange compulsion.  They could even have the compulsion in the Dreamland to try and find answers for the Waking World problems - thus, the two lives would bleed into each other and affect each other. 

Perhaps the anxiety of each experience would take its toll on the characters  - not recover properly?  Or other issues that affect their abilities in either the Waking World or Dreamland.  There could even be benefits gained in Dreamland that give the characters new points or effects that are helpful in the Waking World but when the character rolls these benefits, there would be a low chance of requiring a sanity roll to simulate the unease and uncertainty about the hows and whys for these increased skills.  

Perhaps the Dreamland becomes a feeling of escape from the perils of the Waking World, and the characters would feel the threat by this compulsion and addiction to escape.  That is presuming that all is going well in Dreamland.

Basically, the idea is to simulate the reality of living a conscious waking life and an unconscious or lucid dreamed life.