About to start Odd Soot

Pseudopod

Thanks Clarence.

Good to know I'm on roughly the right track.

I haven't introduced the Nuervi yet so this would be a great way of doing it.

I'll keep my version of the Grey Lady in the background, spinning her web, just in case she turns up in future published material. There will be plenty of her sinister minions for the players to encounter directly. 

I must admit that in the first session I wasn't entirely sure the players were enjoying it, but they were definitely much more engaged this time and have come up with several plans for the future. Plans which might not work quite how they intend... 😈

• Like 1

As my players are determined to set up base in Nevendius Hall, I have a couple more questions (sorry!)

L1 on the Inter-Dimensional Parhelion mentions a vortex of 'dindrellian ants'. While this would make a great waste disposal unit, I can't find any other mention of what dindrellian ants are.

I assume the plans for the Hall are based on a real place. Do you know where? I'd like to try and track down some pictures if possible. (much as I like the drawing!)

I'm gradually building up an Odd Soot Glossary as my players discover things. Proving to be very useful for me too!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Further to my Nevendius Hall question, my players had a few more...

Who owns the hall and why did they leave? (They know it was abandoned around 10 years previously)

Why is it still empty?

Why did Bjare choose it?

The property registry is going to show when it was built and for whom. That family line mysteriouly died out at the beginning of the century and the hall was bought by another wealthy family who then left for the US in 1912 as they felt it was haunted/cursed. Unfortunately the transatlantic ship they took was called the Titanic, so maybe the curse followed them...

The floorplan seems to indicate there could be a void beneath the rooms by the stairs. This is going to be a storage/utilities room with access to a cellar. Digging in the cellar would reveal some Viking artefacts, and further excavation uncovers the remains of a Roman villa. Perhaps complete with strange floor mosaic referring to visitors from the stars ('Ex Astra').

I know the main rules say that Romans didn't invade Doggerland but that doesn't mean there weren't expeditions, plus I'm not sure where you got the name 'Nevendius' from, but it does have a certain Roman feel to it. Close enough for me anyway!

Need to fill in the details, but I think that will all work.

Edited by Pseudopod
  • Like 1