Play-by-post (again)

mithrandir138

So, while I am preparing to run my own PbP game, I would like to get some experience playing in a d100 game. I would love to play in a Legend, RQ6, BRP Classic Fantasy, or OpenQuest game. I have only seen maybe 2 other people show interest in this on Real Roleplaying Forums - which was recommended in the forums here somewhere - and that whole forum just seems very sleepy (not to mention, so does this one.) Where does everyone hang out? I have to believe there is an active community of people playing and discussing these games via PbP. Anyone have any suggestions?

If I understood the question well, you want to know where to play online? Well, there are dozens of places, even if BRP is usually not played very often (except maybe CoC). Here is a list I have:

There are many more (I know there is a long running RQ campain in a Hero System PbP forum, but don't know exactly where it is).

I hope it helps!

If I understood the question well, you want to know where to play online? Well, there are dozens of places, even if BRP is usually not played very often (except maybe CoC). Here is a list I have:

There are many more (I know there is a long running RQ campain in a Hero System PbP forum, but don't know exactly where it is).

I hope it helps!

Thanks -- as a note, Runeslinger is starting a series on using RQ6 and other BRP-based stuff in a fantasy setting -- please check it out and give feedback:

Maybe you could be interested to have a try with Roll20. It is a virtual tabletop, so it is normally used to play in online sessions. But it is a permanent one, which means that it is also possible to play in a an asynchronous way, with each players leaving messages in the chat as you would do in a normal pbem, but also with the possibility to move tokens on a map, show handouts and use or modify the character's sheets.

I have only begun to use the program this way and it works very well for it.

Maybe you could be interested to have a try with Roll20. It is a virtual tabletop, so it is normally used to play in online sessions. But it is a permanent one, which means that it is also possible to play in a an asynchronous way, with each players leaving messages in the chat as you would do in a normal pbem, but also with the possibility to move tokens on a map, show handouts and use or modify the character's sheets.

I have only begun to use the program this way and it works very well for it.

Thanks -- I have been using Roll20 (and Google Hangouts) for the past month or so, but as a player in a real-time Pathfinder game (cringe away, it's fun) :P

I haven't thought about using it as a persistent store for a game/maps/stuff. I tend to like the "theatre of the mind" style of play and just relegated roll20 to tasks like battle mat management for games like Pathfinder. Thanks for the tip.