Someone on rpgnet looking for help

Noita

https://forum.rpg.net/index.php?threads/runequest-roleplaying-in-glorantha-example-of-play-detailing-combat.843151/

Perhaps folks can help over there?

Can anyone provide a link to an example of play detailing a battle in Runequest: Roleplaying in Glorantha? Our group ran into trouble today trying to figure out how to make the players intentions and instincts for fantasy TTRPG combat fit into RQG's Strike Rank system. The assumptions in RQG clash with what D&D 5e trains players to expect and my players have no experience with fantasy TTRPGs outside of D&D 5e. I've got distant experience with RQ3 and I thought I was comfortable with how RQG combat should go. But today's fight had all of RQG's moving pieces in play (melee, missile, spells, and movement) at the same time.

The corebook contains isolated explanations of particular rules that illustrate how the mechanisms work. It also contains sidebars with narrative descriptions of fights, but without illustrating the underlying rules. In other games, I'd be pointing to a few pages of text written from the point of view of the players and GM that describe what they're doing at the table. It would tie all of the isolated examples together so that we could see what the flow of combat looks like at the table. The example would have them talking both mechanically and narratively so that the reader can connect the fiction to the game's rules. It might look like this:

Alan (Player A): I'm going to move forward twelve meters and swing my sword at the broo warrior. Brenda (Player B): My character's going to hang back and cast Demoralize on the broo shaman. Charles (the GM): OK, Alan, you swing your sword on Strike Rank 5, but you're also moving twelve meters, so that adds an extra 4 Strike Ranks to your action. You'll swing on Strike Rank 9. Etc.

Edited by Iskallor