CoC in Korea

Alexandre_J

Hi to all! First post here.

I posted about this on the Yog-Sothot forums as well.

After seeing a bunch of supplements in korean for CoC on Drtivethru RPG, it led me to an interesting blog post about rpgs in South Korea (where CoC seems to be pretty popular as reported on the Chaosium forums) which in turn led me to the south korean publisher website.

Add to that my interest in South Korean cinema that led me to try to lean a little more about both countries (North and South korea). To make a long story short:: movies have allowed many of us to share at least a common image of the country and its history, no matter how shallow. A shared imagination is one of rpgs' main pillar, now that South Korea has entered our western imagination, maybe it's time to have supplements/adventures/campaigns set in South Korea ?

During the japanese occupation (watch The Secret Mission)?, the 1987 uprising (watch 1987 When the day come)? The Joseon period (watch the Kingdom TV series or Jesters the Game changers) ? Now (watch the The Strangers/the Wailing)? The Korean war could also be an obvious choice but maybe a little too obvious. Something more subtle along the lines of The Secret Mission where the characters would deal with eldritch tomes instead of dictionary entries?

TLDR:, is there a CoC supplement/adventure/campaign set in Korea in the works from anyone ? Is there any interest for it ?

I will definitely try to run at least an adventure for my group and then work my way up from there.

Edited by Alexandre_J
  • Like 1