Ties That Bind: Rocks

Ema Nymton

Ok. So I'm running Ties That Bind (from Doors to Darkness) for my group this week.

Overall, a relatively straight forward scenario.

Now, I'm not sure why, but for the life of me I can't get my head around what these 'rocks' found in the fountain look like.

I find the description given in the scenario both overly vague and confusing. (4 layers of bananas??) And comparing the description of them to the artwork just confused me more.

Can any kind soul out there please give me a clearer description of how you thought they looked.

Size, shape, number etc. 

Thanks in advance.

Ema

Edited by Ema Nymton

Thanks T.O.

Completely agree with allowing the investigators imaginations to be an integral part of the narrative process. And I'd always say this is a key aspect of successfully running any scenario.

Less is often more.

However, in this instance, the eggs are so integral to the story, being regularly manipulated by NPC's and the Investigstors, that not only should the investigators be able to imagine them, as Keeper, I too need to be able to visualise them, so I can appropriately incorporate them into the action and story.

I'm more than happy to make this up. But the scenario clearly tries to describe 'something'. It just doesn't do it well (imo) and I'm interested to understand what it is trying to get across.

How have other people imagined these eggs, or interpreted them to look?

Edited by Ema Nymton