Contents of Sartar box set?

Haffrung

I'm planning to start my first RQ campaign in Sartar during the rebellion. The plan is to use pre-1625 RQG books like Six Seasons in Sartar, Company of Heroes, and maybe the HQ books Coming Storm and the Eleven Lights as adventure sources. 

I want to be able to call on a lot of source material on Sartar, its tribes, and clans. Especially for the 1618-25 period. I do have access to the Sartar: Kingdom of heroes HQ book, but it's not cheap. 

So my question is how much of the content in S:KoH (which looks very impressive from my flip-through) will be covered in the upcoming Sartar box set? Will there be detailed descriptions of Orlanthi society, the makeup of clans and tribes, NPCs, maps, etc? And how much would I need to change in order to roll back the situation to 1618?

I understand the Sartar box set isn't out yet. But I'm hoping to get some guidance as to whether I should wait for it or grab S:KoH while I can. 

Thanks. 

Edited by Haffrung

On 12/21/2021 at 2:49 AM, Haffrung said:

I should wait for it or grab S:KoH while I can.

Grab S:KoH and the Sartar companion if you can find it too. There is no release date for the Sartar book.

The main difference between any new Sartar product and what you wan to run, is that there is no Lunar occupation in the new material. It's over. 

Cultural orlanthi material will likely be included, with more detail than the core book, likewise more detailed maps, cults, local area info. You can already see the northern part of the Sartar map on the back of the Starter set books. Likewise Jeff has posted loads of info on Facebook (archived here)

Clans of sartar sketch maps, and much much more.

Edited by David Scott
  • Helpful 1

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/