Chaosium Con 2023 tickets are on sale now!

MOB

Chaosium Con Tickets on Sale

Chaosium Con 2023 tickets are on sale now!

Get your ticket for a weekend dripping with cosmic horror, essential runes, swashbuckling adventure, and chivalrous quests at Tabletop Events:

https://tabletop.events/conventions/chaosium-con-2023

Chaosium Con Frequently Asked Questions

What are the convention dates?

13-16 April 2023 - we're adding one extra day compared to the inaugural event in 2022!

What is the location?

The venue is the same as the first Chaosium Con - the Ann Arbor Marriot Ypsilanti at the Eaglecrest Golf Resort and Convention Centre, 17 miles west of Detroit Metro Airport (DTW), Michigan.

What is the cost?

USD$100.00 + Tabletop Events Processing Fee.

GM Badges are free, but there is an expectation you will commit to offer 12+ hours of game sessions over the course of the four day event.

Can I get a Single Day Ticket?

No, we are not currently selling single-day tickets. If you are interested, please contact us.

What about future Cons in other places?

Based on the success of the first Chaosium Con we may have similar cons at different times and places, including overseas. For now, this is the North American location.

Will a lot of the Chaosium team be there?

Yes, many of us already have it on our calendars.

What kind of events will the con feature?

The focus will be on all of Chaosium's games, past, present, and future! Lots of games, freeforms, and seminars. It's your chance to meet many of our authors, artists, and editors. 

Feel free to contact us with event suggestions, especially if you want to help run them. Events submissions is also live if you would like to propose events you'd like to run.

Event tickets and VIP event lists will come closer to the convention date. If you bought a badge, you will be notified.

Can I be an exhibitor?

Yes! Please contact us at events@chaosium.com if you wish to take part in the Great Market. For now, the Chaosium Collectables Auction will solely be items from the Chaosium Vault.

Will there be events for children?

We will not have any events specifically for children or a child play area.

When will hotel rooms with the special convention rate be available?

There will be a special room rate at the Ann Arbor Marriot Ypsilanti for Chaosium Con. This room block will open later. If you have bought a Chaosium Con ticket you be emailed as soon as the room block opens. If you want the special rate please do not book early as you will not get the discount.

What about Covid Restrictions?

We will follow all local and State of Michigan public health advice with attendee safety in mind.

Refund/Credit Policy

We are offering full refunds until December 31st, 2022.

If you are unsure about being able to either afford or attend our show, please do not buy a badge to our show. However, we acknowledge that things happen. So, if you do buy a badge and/or special event tickets and you have to cancel after December 31st, 2022, we will credit your chaosium.com account with those amounts.

The only limitation on this is that the request for a credit must be received by us by April 6th, 2023. After that, only special event ticket returns will be honored in person at the show. There will be no badge returns after this point.

Waiver of Liability

The purchase of a Chaosium Con badge admits one person to all basic activities and exhibits at Chaosium Con during regularly scheduled hours of the convention. Some designated activities may require payment of a separate, additional fee. In accepting a badge and in consideration for being admitted to Chaosium Con, the holder consents to being recorded (by audio and/or visual means) for exhibition and exploitation by any means in all media, including without limitation the Internet, worldwide in perpetuity. The badge holder releases Chaosium Inc. from any liability for loss or damage to persons or property, infringement of any right, or any other claim or course of action of any kind; authorizes and permits Chaosium Inc. and its designees which includes but is not limited to all sponsors, exhibitors and contractors to use and authorize the use of his/her name, voice, likeness and all reproductions thereof by any means and in all media now and hereafter known, including without limitation the Internet, for all purposes worldwide in perpetuity; and agrees to comply with all the rules and regulations of the Event. Chaosium Inc. reserves the right to deny entry or remove from the Event facilities any person who in its sole and absolute discretion is behaving or threatening to behave in a manner which it reasonably considers to be disruptive of the Chaosium Con.

Chaosium Con Logo

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

• MOB featured and pinned this topic
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Event Registration for Chaosium Con 2023 is open!

Prebook over 200 events – games, seminars, workshops, VIP games, the auction, and more. It's going to be amazing.

Note, we will continue accepting event submissions up to April 7th, so do check back every once in a while and see what new offerings are on the schedule.
https://tabletop.events/conventions/chaosium-con-2023

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Chaosium Con 2023 Event Spotlight: Community Content Programming

317988688-10159290002138932-8647195171154378148-n.jpeg

Chaosium's Community Content programs enable fans to self-publish material for the Call of Cthulhu, RuneQuest, and 7th Sea TTRPGS. Chaosium Con 2023 is excited to support, encourage, and celebrate all of our community content creators-- past, present, and future!

Come connect with other Community Content Creators at Chaosium Con 2023, including these special programmed events:

You Are the Author Panel
w/ MOB, Nick Brooke, Bridgett Jeffries, and Heinrich Moore

Panelists will cover print on demand, branding, creative and effective marketing methods, compliance, community resources, pricing, and more!
Attending? Sign up here

community-content-logos.png

Community Content Creator Happy Hour
Presented by the Council of Shoggoths, organizing body of Miskatonic Repository Con

Meet fellow community content creators in an informal setting for networking, exchanging creative ideas, and welcoming new writers. OH! And FREE mimosas.
Attending? Sign up here

For all the details including ticketing and on-site accomodation check out our Chaosium Con 2023 page:

https://www.chaosium.com/chaosium-con-2023

• Thanks 2

Chaosium Con 2023 Event Spotlight: Indie creator print titles will be available at Chaosium Con!

screen-shot-2023-02-27-at-12.23.45-am.png

COMMUNITY CONTENT PRINT SALES AT CHAOSIUM CON

Great news: to show off the extraordinary talent in our community content programs at DriveThruRPG, we'll have a selection of print-on-demand titles from the Miskatonic Repository and the Jonstown Compendium available to purchase at Chaosium Con in April!

The Miskatonic Repository is Chaosium's platform on DriveThruRPG for independent creators of gaming material for the Call of Cthulhu tabletop roleplaying game. It was launched in December 2018. We recently celebrated its 1000th independent title!

The Jonstown Compendium, established in December 2019, fulfils the same function for gaming in Greg Stafford's world of Glorantha with the RuneQuest RPG, along with the QuestWorlds, and 13th Age Glorantha systems. We recently celebrated its 250th independent title!

You'll find the POD titles we've selected for sale at the Chaosium booth in the Great Market (dealer hall), while stocks last.

jc-and-mr-titles.png

Q&A:
  • Can you hold books in reserve for me? Supplies are limited – once they're gone, they're gone! (NB: we may restock our dealer table from time to time during the convention). If you missed a book you want, you can always order it from DriveThruRPG.
  • Can you have this format available for me? To make things easier, we will stock each book in one format only, usually Standard Colour Softcover (where this exists). If you want a Premium Colour Hardcover instead, you can order from DriveThruRPG, but the price will be higher.
  • I can't make it to Chaosium Con, can you ship me a printed book? No - but you can always order all of our print-on-demand community content titles direct from DriveThruRPG yourself.
  • Can I sell my own POD books to customers without going through DriveThruRPG? No, as the publisher, we've made this special promotional arrangement with DriveThruRPG.
  • Like 2

Chaosium Con 2023 Event Spotlight: 7th Sea LARP "The Pirate Crown" with John Wick

7th-sea-pirates.png

At Chaosium Con in April 7th Sea RPG creator John Wick presents:

John Wick

7th Sea LARP: The Pirate Crown

The King of Pirates has been missing for over a year, and that means someone else—King or Queen—must wear the crown. Join us in the Bucket 'o Blood to cast your vote for who will wear the Pirate Crown! Characters made on site.

Costume Contest to follow!

• 2 weeks later...

Chaosium Con 2023 Event spotlight – less than a month to go, last day to book hotel block at special rate!

Chaosium Con logo

Wow, that came up fast! There's less than a month to go to Chaosium Con 2023

Our weekend dripping with cosmic horror, essential runes, swashbuckling adventure, and chivalrous quests takes place from April 13th - 16th in Ann Arbor, MI – and we'd love to see you there! 

screen-shot-2023-03-17-at-12.53.10-pm.png

The Venue

The Eaglecrest Golf Resort and Convention Center is just 17 miles west of Detroit Metro Airport (DTW) and directly off I-94. A cab ride from the airport to the venue is approximately $40.00.

Accomodations - special hotel rate 

Tomorrow (Friday March 17) is the last day to book our hotel block at the special convention rate.

Accommodations within Walking Distance

If the on-site accommodation is full, there are two hotels within each walking distance to the Conference Center that you could consider booking.

Chaosium Con Important dates

Event Submission
Event submissions are still currently OPEN
Note: We'd love to see more RuneQuest, 7th Sea, and Pendragon events!

Event Registration
Event registration is OPEN.

Keep checking back-- we're adding events daily.

Last Day to Book Hotel Block:
Friday, March 17th, 2023

Secure your badge TODAY
Book your hotel NOW

Chaosium Con 2023 Event Spotlight: Seth Skorkowsky returns to Chaosium Con 2023!

Seth SkorkowskyWe are delighted to have Youtube star, co-host of The Modern Mythos podcast and author Seth Skorkowsky coming back to Chaosium Con 2023!!! 

Here's how you can connect with Seth: 

A Roundtable Discussion w/ Industry Reviewer and Collaborators -- Friday @10AM 

Join Seth Skorkowsky, XPLovecat, Heinrich Moore, and Evan Perlman for a roundtable discussion on how industry reviewers approach/review/evaluate content. What do reviewers look for? Learn how to avoid common mistakes, properly solicit reviews, and more! 

Podcasting and Streaming 101 -- Saturday @6PM 

Join Seth Skorkowsky, Arthur Rothfuss, Mike Diamond, and Ludovic Chabant as they break down podcasting! Ask questions, manage your expectations, and get the tools you need to podcast your content. 

Modern Mythos Unpack and Discussion w/ Skorkowsky and Harms -- Friday @1PM 

Join Seth Skorkowsky (Modern Mythos) and Dan Harms (author of Cthulhu Mythos Encyclopedia) for a discussion on how to modernize your mythos!

Chaosium Con 2023 Event Spotlight: Cults of RuneQuest Panel

336250749-595588922472229-89064921442954

Join Creative Directors Jeff Richard and Jason Durall for the Cults of RuneQuest Panel 

We are proud to announce the 10-volume Cults of RuneQuest — a series of player-focussed supplements for Chaosium's Bronze Age epic fantasy TTRPG RuneQuest! The first of these books is set to release in July, with a big launch at GenCon Indy in August. However, in April, during Chaosium Con 2023 you can get get the inside scoop directly from Jeff and Jason. 

Saturday at 10AM

Chaosium Con 2023 Event Spotlight: H.P. Lovecraft Historical Society Events

HPLHS logo

We are so excited to welcome Sean Branney and Andrew Leman of the H.P. Lovecraft Historical Society to Chaosium Con 2023.

Andrew and Sean of the HPLHS

Here are a few ways to connect with these legendary award-winning prop-makers and all-around epic personalities!

Upping Your Prop Game Seminar
Friday @ 1P Eastern

The Call of Cthulhu Movie Screening
Friday @ 9P Eastern

The Whisperer in the Darkness Movie Screening
Saturday @ 9P Eastern

HPLHS movie posters

• 3 weeks later...

Chaosium Con 2023 Ann Arbor MI

The Stars will be Right next weekend for Chaosium Con! And there's still time to join us in Ann Arbor MI for a weekend dripping with cosmic horror, essential runes, swashbuckling adventure, and chivalrous quests: get your Chaosium Con badge here.

340281122-765194361596747-3615716760763472370-n.jpeg

Chaosium Con badges and lanyards ready to deploy! All of the pre-printed badges, plus a few blanks for last minute printing at the show arrived today. They will be ready to distribute at registration with the custom Chaosium lanyards we had made.

Our Hotel Block is Sold Out - Alternative Arrangements

Hotel Accommodations

Our hotel block is SOLD OUT! Please contact the hotel directly for booking. If they're full, there are two hotels within walking distance to the Conference Center that you could consider booking.

Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Ann Arbor Ypsilanti

Hampton Inn & Suites Ypsilanti

Thank you! We'll see you soon!

Chaosium Con Logo

Event Registration

Secure your badge TODAY

Edited by MOB
  • Like 1

Chaosium Con Spotlight: Community content in hardback

340923352-138128165895512-3045619805942440926-n.jpeg

Our community ambassadors Nick and Bridgett look forward to showing off this magnificent collection of Miskatonic Repository and Jonstown Compendium print titles at Chaosium Con this weekend! 

340923235-907360960586904-1175645649492075239-n.jpeg

These independently-created Call of Cthulhu and RuneQuest books are all going to be available for purchase, with the proceeds going as normal to the creators – so if you're coming to Chaosium Con don't miss out on this special opportunity to buy hardcopies of some of our wonderful community content titles! 

Available for a strictly limited time, beginning during our "You Are The Author" Community Content Seminar on Saturday.

• Thanks 1

Chaosium Con Spotlight: Credo - the Game of Duelling Dogmas!

1520174107138.jpeg

Sure, it's been a long time in development but as Galatians 6:9 reminds us, "Let us not become weary... for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." 

Come and playtest Chris Gidlow's fabled theological board game Credo: the Game of Duelling Dogmas. Officiating are Michael O'Brien (MOB) and Nick Brooke. Sunday (of course) 2PM, conference room C.

Chaosium Con Logo

Event Registration

Secure your badge TODAY

• Helpful 1

Chaosium Con 2023 is over: a note of appreciation from Bridgett and Rick

336734947-1196302317688015-6702254443798490728-n.jpeg

And so Chaosium Con 2023 is over - what a wonderful weekend it was was! Convention coordinator Bridgett Jeffries writes:

When I reflect back onto Chaosium Con 2023, I am immediately overwhelmed with a sense of gratitude. A massive thank you to every attendee, GM, exhibitor, volunteer, member of staff, and fan who made this incredible event possible. For so many of you, Chaosium Con 2023 was your very first gaming convention. My heart absolutely overflows with joy (and relief) in speaking with you guys... because you told me that you're coming back.

You told me that you're coming back... and that you'd be bringing friends! Not only is that a massive compliment to the company and convention organizing staff... but I'd like all of you other attendees who assisted with cultivating an environment where new gamers and new attendees felt safe, welcome, and seen to take a bow.We are all us. And y'all proved it again this year at Chaosium Con 2023.

Let's do it again! Say, about this time next year?

341372760-2482362788580807-4265842332742894654-n.jpeg

-- Pic by Marc McVey of the tribe gathering for the 'mix and mingle' welcome party on Thursday night --

And Chaosium president Rick Meints had this to say:

On behalf of all of us at The Chaosium, we would like to thank all the members of our tribe that joined us in Ann Arbor for 3 days of all manner of Chaos(ium). Although weary after so much fun we are also energized as we look forward to returning next year. Without our tireless volunteers, GM’s, and staff, this annual event would not be possible. A hearty thank you to all that added to our collective enjoyment.

Edited by MOB
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• MOB unfeatured and unpinned this topic

screen-shot-2023-05-03-at-9.44.38-pm.png

Here's what attendees have said about last month's Chaosium Con: click through for their full reviews about the wonderful weekend we all had in Ann Arbor!

"What I found was nothing short of a sublime environment and experience. A community unlike any I’ve ever seen before. A sense of camaraderie that, if we could bottle it, we could probably solve world peace or something." 
— Matt "Doc" Tracey says he didn't know what to expect at his first-ever gaming convention, which was Chaosium Con 2023.

"These two days saw a gradual accumulation of attendees, some of whom were old friends, and many who would become new friends."
— Call of Cthulhu 7th edition co-author Paul Fricker.

"The show felt like a really good size, big enough to have lots of events, but intimate enough to easily run into people again and have time to chat with each other."
— Bayt al Azif Magazine.

"I'm a massive fan of ChaosiumCon... I love the content the company puts out, I love the people I've gotten to meet in the process (both as employees of the company and those who simply love their games), and I have had an exceptional time both years. So yeah...very much looking forward to year three."
— Bucho, Under a Black Rainbow.

"ChaosiumCon was awesome. Saw some old friends I haven't seen since the Before Times. Got to meet several friends I've only known online. And got to meet a lot of new friends." 
 Seth Skorkowsky.

"I came out of ChaosiumCon with some cool loot, a mix of new books and auction items plus a few extras, like some prints of Katrin’s art, or a copy of Khan of Khans... (and) I’m happy to have completed the achievement of playing every single currently published Chaosium game in one week-end."
— Ludo from The God Learners Podcast.

"Chaosium Con is a gathering of friends, a thriving community, and a fount of infectious delight. If you’ve never been or never even played one of this company’s great games, you should come next year."
— Keeper Doc, Prospero House.

Chaosium Con will be back next year: we hope you can join us!

• Like 1