Write your first adventure - Content

B.Caven

Hello!

I'm looking into signing up for the "Write your first adventure" from the Storytelling Collective and I was wondering what content it involved. I'm interested in the class, but I've been disappointed before by other writing courses and it worries me that I can't see a full list of content or activities.

Could someone elaborate more on what the course entails?

Thanks!

Did you see this page?

https://www.storytellingcollective.com/courses/write-your-first-adventure-gen-nov2022

It gives a day by day listing of what that day's lesson will involve once it's unlocked.
Granted, it only lists the General Path (as opposed to including the Chaosium path), but it should give you a good idea of what you will be learning, the milestones you should hit that would allow you to complete your first scenario within the 30 days.

I took the course a year or two ago, when it was C'thulhu only, and found it to be excellent, as Paul Fricker knows what the heck he is talking about when it comes to Call of C'thulhu and creating a quality scenario.

I didn't keep to the timeline, as things were hectic at best, but once you buy it, it's yours forever to go back to again and again to sharpen your scenario writing skills.

In my opinion, it's well worth the money.

- Bill

• Like 1

Given that I've only seen positive feedback about the course, I've signed up for this cohort and am suitably impressed so far. The prep is proving useful and has been keeping me busy even though the course proper hasn't started yet.

Looking at the syllabus, there's a much that I'm familiar with from reading and listening to a lot of info about writing scenarios. There's stuff that I've used, mind maps for example, and much that I've not. I've probably looked at too much, and as such it's easy to wonder what is the best way to go.  I can already see that the course will give me a structure to work to that has been demonstrated to work. I can modify it to suit myself later. 

What I'm really hoping is that it will be a procrastination buster and get at least one of my many scenario ideas completed, whether I publish or not.

And a month of lessons for a mere £35 is a bargain. It should pay for itself, maybe financially, but certainly at the table.

• Like 1