Help Needed: Ties That Bind from Doors to Darkness *Spoilers*

ShaunR

I am prepping Ties That Bind from Doors to Darkness and can't seem to wrap my head around the timeline before the scenario actually begins. Help from anyone who has run it is greatly appreciated. 

The scenario states that sometime on Day 0 (no timeframe is given) the Marsh Wizard summons the byahkee who then kills him. Then (for reasons unknown) she leaves the seclusion of the swamps to lay her eggs in Mrs. Carrington's fountain (which she destroys) before flying home. It's then stated that the construction workers find the fountain destroyed and notify Mrs Carrington and she orders the egg placed in the cellar. Construction worker Hackett steals one of the eggs, drops off a note to Mary Carrington at her dorm and then goes home. On Day 1 the investigators are called in to see the eggs. They find the fountain just then being cleaned up and Mrs. Carrington decides to have 24 hour surveillance by the construction workers.

So...since the workers weren't on 24 hour surveillance previously that means the Byahkee would have had to have laid the eggs/destroyed the fountain while all the construction workers were all still doing construction at the site during the day/early evening before "quitting time"....why would it have chosen a busy construction site as opposed to the deserted swamp to lay the eggs? But mythos beings have different logic so..ok. But how did the construction workers not see it happening? Let's say I'm wrong and they were already on 24 hour surveillance (for some reason) - they still would have seen it. Or if by chance they didn't, it couldn't have been too late at night because Hackett is able to leave a note for Mary at her dormitory before going home to bed - and Dorothy Pickman Hall surely has a curfew being a woman's dorm - so it couldn't have been later than 9 or 10. And if Hackett was on the 'surveillance team' - how did he go home after moving the eggs - and why was he expected at work the next day if he was supposed to be on overnight watch?

Any help figuring out a timeline that makes sense would be appreciated - or if I've misinterpreted the setup (possible) I'm happy to be corrected (lol). 

Thanks!