Watch it all: the Stream of Chaos has played our solo scenario Alone Against the Tide

MOB

aattstreamofchaos.png

Alone Against the Tide is a solo scenario. All you need is the book, and your copy of the Call of Cthulhu Starter Set or Keeper Rulebook, some dice and pencils, and you’re ready to begin your horrific trip to the lakeside town in Massachusetts! 

But, as our Stream of Chaos crew show here in this two-parter, all our Call of Cthulhu solo scenarios are perfect for playing with a friend or partner who is new to roleplaying too. You read the story aloud, make choices, roll dice, and explore the story together!

Episode One

Episode Two

Alone Against the Tide

Alone Against the Tide

What has Professor Harris’ research got to do with the strange green fog enveloping the town? Who are the menacing, dark-suited men that arrived on the ferry with your investigator? And, why is a Buddhist monk visiting Esbury, a town more used to entertaining New England’s wealthy elite?

Take on the role of an investigator traveling to a remote lakeside town where strange things are happening. Decide your path through the story, and the fate of the citizens of Esbury!

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I enjoyed both playing through this solo on my own and watching you guys do it as a group. It has inspired me to adapt this to run with a small group.. easier said than done of course. But I have a question where exactly is Esbury located in Lovecraft Country? I been capturing locations in Esbury from the module and features of each location like the estate sale being in a modern building on the Lake shore etc.. as I am going to try and create some simple maps for my adaptation.