Paladin: Things to st... borrow to a KAP campaign

So someone asked in Discord what things I'd consider worth taking from Paladin rulebook and incorporating in KAP. As 6e is not out yet, these are more in context of 5.2e, but still.

WINTER PHASE STUFF
Personal Events, p. 177-179
Family Events, p. 180
Granted, both need some reworking to fit a KAP campaign, but they are definitely better than what KAP 5.2 has. Alas, the family events suffer still from the rolling of a totally random Family Member who had not been in existence before the roll. I much prefer rcvan's (?) method of listing out 20 family members in a 1d20 roll sheet and keeping that updated.

Fief management and the maintenance tables are better in Paladin than in KAP 5.2, IMHO. (That is in the basic 5.2 rulebook. I still prefer the BotE system overall.)
NPC survival as well. Alas, the childbirth table is still murderous as heck, and would need to be changed.

PASSIONS AND TRAITS
And this is somewhat controversial, but I do like that in judicial combat (p. 167), the party in the right will actually get a divine bonus to help to win their case. It might not be enough, but it is there.
Oaths (p. 81) are interesting, too.
Family Patron Saints (p. 27). Obviously, in KAP, one should introduce patron pagan gods, too.

COMBAT
Aiming with bows (p. 126) would address some of the complaints of missile combat in 6e, although I would only let it apply to cancel out penalties, not increase the base skill (need to keep those criticals rare).

Penalties for being wounded (p. 130). I keep going back and forth on this one, since I dislike too much bookkeeping and I am a bit worried about a death spiral. Making it a bit less impactful at -5 at below half HP might be a good way to signal to the Player that maybe his knight ought to consider yielding rather than risk death in this encounter. If I'd introduce this, I might allow some extenuating circumstances, such as it not applying if you are already inspired/impassioned.

• Like 2