Unnatural Selections #81: Early reactions are in - viewers love Graveyards of Arkham!

MOB

1fefcd9babd9c3f00fc1bb124c8e6ab5-original.png

The 'Unnatural Selections' series is our regular round up of notable Chaosium reviews worth a look.

Early reactions are in! Viewers love the first episode of Graveyards of Arkham, our blockbuster Call of Cthulhu actual play show which premiered last Wednesday on Twitch and last Sunday on YouTube! 

Here are some comments by viewers from YouTube:

• "The best TTrpg lets play production I have seen. Top marks." – knightofnii4659 
  • "No joke I would pay to see this in a theater just as it is." – PlanetTrainWreck
  • "This is fantastic - seriously appreciate the immense effort that has gone into it." – jasonberties 
  • "Outstanding! Great job all around! Looking forward to the next episode! :)" – amedeus40K
  • "I already saw it on Twitch but will definitely rewatch it here too because IT'S SO DAMN GOOD!" – Telorion
  • "Youtube needs a heart button! I can't like this enough!" – sharlettekneer1008
  • "Just finished it and holy shit it's just as good as the first series. Can't wait to see the next one!" – Tommcginn
  • "Bookshops of Arkham was, in my opinion, the greatest short form actual play show to date. And if this is even just AS GOOD, we're in for a treat." – thelongcorgi985
  • "This cast is fantastic. So happy to see Noura and Josephine. Patrick and Lucia were great in the Bookshops play through and I'm excited to see more of them!" – CordellWoodworks
  • "I loved the first season so much - definitely one of the best CoC live action play out there - I'm really excited! Mark Meer is a fantastic keeper and the cast looks amazing - let's gooo!" – MC K-Dawg the Prophet
  • "Nothing short of amazing, well done! Can't wait till the the next episode." – Abhothra

Watch Graveyards of Arkham episodes premiere weekly on TwitchTV, Wednesdays at 6:30 PT / 9:30 ET, followed by YouTube the following Sundays.

Subscribe to our YouTube channel and you won't miss a thing!

• 4 weeks later...

Unnatural Selections #82: Graveyards of Arkham is a hit with viewers!

graveyards-with-becca.png

The 'Unnatural Selections' series is our regular round up of notable Chaosium reviews worth a look.

The early reactions were ecstatic, and now four episodes in viewers continue to love our actual play series Graveyards of Arkham.

Here's a sampling of YouTube comments by viewers from episodes twothree and four!

• "Great sequel to the Bookshops of Arkham series! Just top notch all around and once again enjoying the fantastic work of Mark Meer!" — @SilverViper219.
  • "Woot! I'll be a keeper for my first time in March. This is fun and informative for me." — @MiniatureMashup
  • "Fantastic stuff from Mark and the cast as always!! But also hats off to the ‘NPC’ this week [Paula Deming]! Great work!" — @phoenixiwaki
  • "Another excellent slow-burn episode - with some great Keeper NPCs and Guest NPC - the creepy tension gathering to a storm cloud as the mysteries unfold..." — @aztecjaguar6571
  • "I love the way you have organised and projected this game. So, as we all know, CoC is just a "game" but you bring this to life as a play - almost a slice of real, if creepy, life. The scene setting, the costumes, the background music and of course the multiple roles played by you are vivid and engrossing. Real talent, thank you for your efforts." - Tim 
  • "I love the sets and the costumes...they really are a nice touch...but I could just relax, close my eyes and become immersed in this "actual play" due to the fantastic audio and voice talents. Bravo! I guess this is similar to what people were entertained with before television and movies." — @rpmfla
  • "The chemistry this cast has, man. There's something so perfect about the Keeper having to pop into the middle of a conversation between investigators to remind them of their leads, because both the players and the investigators are just spiralling into confusion ... Chef's kiss. It just makes me want to hunt down a group and start playing. Chaosium, thanks for a lovely series. (again)" — @yourspoookyaunt
  • "This was great. I loved how everyone really came alive. Archibald with his past. Vic with the great distressing with the twine. Betty being catty and mean. And Theodore dealing with death. This was an amazing chapter for all these characters. 100% loved it." — @TheFaulkned
  • "Tension deliciously builds. Becca enters at the cliffhanger." — @AetherflyerGames 
  • "I'm not sure why but CoC actual plays are the only ones I can consistently consume. I just love them so much. I originally only intended to watch Andrew Leman's episode as I'm a lifetime member of the H.P. Lovecraft Historical Society (Leman is one of the founders) but this ended up making me subscribe to Chaosium's channel and follow this particular series. Given the other comments I've seen, I'll probably check out Bookshops of Arkham, too." — @ryanahr2267
  • "So nice to see some effort; costumes and a set rather than a series of zoom boxes. I appreciate this has a production budget but it really helps the atmosphere and immersion. Top level stuff!" — @ashleyblake4899 
  • "Goosebumps on top of goosebumps!" — @dee_w784
  • "The dinner was truly horrifying. The players really got rattled by the feast presented to them!" — @LightningRaven42
  • "I mean Bookshops of Arkham was already excellent, but this is absolutely next level!" — @niccolomereghetti4808
  • "All the cast is so good. Their performance in the dream scene is deeply moving." — @Himbros
  • "Becca Scott in 1920s attire looks she is a character straight from The Great Gatsby." — @aztecjaguar6571 
  • "Not to be missed, a classic." — @FleshyInterloper
  • "A BIT of a cliffhanger? Talking about an understatement there 😉 So when is the next one??" — @sanja2776 

Watch Graveyards of Arkham episodes premiere weekly on TwitchTV, Wednesdays at 6:30 PT / 9:30 ET, followed by YouTube the following Sundays.

Subscribe to our YouTube channel and you won't miss a thing!

Patrick and Noura on Graveyards of Arkham, ep 4

• Like 1