Arkham NPC Portraits

Kyle Mahaney

The NPC Portraits PDF has solid white backgrounds for each of the NPC portraits in the Arkham book, these same assets exist with the alpha layer transparent background in the actual book pdf but are significantly lower resolution.

This is very frustrating for importing them into a VTT, something I expect is a primary use of the separate portraits pdf. Is this a mistake? Could the higher resolution assets with alpha transparency be made available?

Edited by Kyle Mahaney
typo

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Vellcrow said:

Kyle, is this what you are looking for?

Gisele Helcimer.png

Mordecai Hammer OLeary.png

Walter Gilman.png

Yes exactly, those have the background as appropriately transparent while the images in the NPC PDF are a solid background. Where did you get them?

Screenshot_20240308_101454.png

Edited by Kyle Mahaney
Clarification
  • Like 1

I copied and pasted the individual images from the NPC PDF into GIMP.  I then added the alpha channel for transparency to the background.

I did have to fill in a few small portions of the bluish outer frame so that the tranparency would not overlap some of the lighter portions of the NPC.

Saved them as a PNG at their native 200dpi resolution.

I hope that helps.

3 hours ago, Vellcrow said:

I copied and pasted the individual images from the NPC PDF into GIMP.  I then added the alpha channel for transparency to the background.

I did have to fill in a few small portions of the bluish outer frame so that the tranparency would not overlap some of the lighter portions of the NPC.

Saved them as a PNG at their native 200dpi resolution.

I hope that helps.

Oh yeah you were manually slicing them. My point was that they exist in the pdf of the actual book with the alpha channel background just as a lower resolution, clearly the assets exist and the NPC PDF should be updated to make that available at decent quality.

10 minutes ago, Kyle Mahaney said:

Oh yeah you were manually slicing them. My point was that they exist in the pdf of the actual book with the alpha channel background just as a lower resolution, clearly the assets exist and the NPC PDF should be updated to make that available at decent quality.

Yes, I agree with you.

That is why I was converting the ones I needed.