Out Now! Skull Ruins: Tusk Riders Need Blood + upcoming Continuum Con Game with the Author

Posted (edited)

Skull Ruins: Tusk Riders Need Blood Out now as PDF on Jonstown Compendium: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/en/product/482306/skull-ruins-tusk-riders-need-blood?affiliate_id=4274120

image.thumb.png.45266c25fab2b60364cbad3801a62aab.png

In this adventure your party has been tasked with taking a valuable captive on a secret mission that, if successful, will ensure his continued cooperation with his captors. However there are a few complications: The captive is a member of the infamous Tusk Riders, the mission involves procuring a blood ritual to appease a berserk Boar, and the only temple where you can access the magic is in the hands of Gornorix, a powerful and experienced warlord-priest.

This adventure will give the party the chance to learn more about Tusk Riders, as well as uncover Earth Witch secrets, explore the ancient ruin, earn wealth, capture unique artefacts, and perform diplomacy. Depending on choices made they might find themselves defending Skull Ruin from attack or mounting a rescue mission with the war party of a Troll Prince. If they’re defeated they could be killed, ransomed, or sacrificed!

This adventure features:

• Options to run this scenario as part of an existing campaign, as a standalone adventure, or as a continuation of the Gamemaster Screen Pack’s “Defending Apple Lane”.
  • A multi route journey across Sartar to the Skull Ruin. Each route has its own challenges and impact on the story.
  • A full room-by-room description of the Skull Ruins, including a map of the cave system. Included are the ruin’s found item table, unique treasures, and location hazards.
  • A Battle for control of the ruin, complete with tactics, multiple strategic approaches, and different skill challenges. Each side features multiple enemy types and are led by powerful leaders with unique magical equipment.

Also featured are rules and backstory for new types of NPCs and enemies usable in other RuneQuest Glorantha campaigns.

• A full Cult description for the Cult of Sawtooth. The Sawtooth Cultists are an odd alliance of Tusk Riders, Trolls and Aldryami and the Tusk Riders in the cult wield plant magic taught to them by the ghost of Sawtooth, a legendary guardian of the Stinking Forest. The cult also guards a powerful ritual desirable to anyone, be they peasants, nomads, soldiers, or kings.
  • Statistics for Sawtooth’s Ghost and Incarnate forms, as well as his most powerful lieutenants, perfect for high-level encounters or as patrons to weirder adventurer types.
  • A bestiary entry complete with advice for creating, using and playing Tusk Brother Wereboars. The Tusk Brothers are considered by most to be cursed even compared to other shapeshifters. Their curse also contains useful magic and may be a blessing in disguise…

Art and maps by @DarioCorallo

Look forward to your thoughts on the adventure!

Skull Ruins adv.jpg

Edited by RicKaySi
Images pasted too close together
  • Like 10

I will be running a table at Continuum Con 2024 (26th-29th July) where I will be GMing a session of Skull Ruins: Tusk Riders Need Blood on the Friday 26th,14:00 until 18:00.

Full Room details here: https://continuumconvention.co.uk/game/tusk-riders-need-blood/.

There’s no advance online registration for the game, so if you’re at the con and want to join the game of Tusk Riders Need Blood make sure to look for it on the pin-board at the con.

I should clarify I don’t work for Continuum Con, just excited to be there (especially looking forward to getting to play in the Home of the Bold Freeform!)

Feel free to message me any questions you have that you don't want to put in the thread.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

VTT Battle of Skull Ruins is coming! - UPDATE

I am very happy to say that we're working on a free expansion to Tusk Riders Need Blood , and the next version after release (1.1) will feature VTT versions of the Ruin Map and counters for all the Battle combatants, both rank-and-file and leaders. There will be a couple of additional tokens to properly represent the summoning options for a certain Earth Witch too 😉

We originally planned for the VTT upgrade to be a celebration of hitting Copper but it looks like we might be hitting that level sooner than we thought! Thank you to everyone who bought a copy and a special thank you to those who left 5 star ratings on the product page.

UPDATE: The first round of tokens is ready, with a few more tweaks to maps before upload to JC. For the tokens we’re thinking of having the “commander” characters in coin-token style to emphasise their character portraits and the regular warriors available in top-down style. Let us know what you think of our plan to mix styles!

image.png.823bfcdd6c3cefb4112437621bc49df0.png

image.png

P.S. We’re also working on a physical version for when I start playing the scenario at cons, starting with Continuum in July.
P.P.S. I liked Dario’s troll commander token so much it’s now my profile pic you'll see on Facebook, BRP, and Discord.

Edited by RicKaySi
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
TRNB broke Copper yesterday on DriveThru! It makes me really happy to have that medal so a huge thank you to everyone who’s bought it so far and a special thank you to everyone who left a rating. If you’re interested in a summary of the adventure @Nick Brooke posted a really good one to his JC Roundup here on BRP: Jonstown Compendium Index 2024 - updated 15 June - RuneQuest - BRP Central - The Chaosium forums (basicroleplaying.org)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1