Fantasy Grounds, LFP, 4-5, Runequest, UTC+1 (CET), Six Seasons in Sartar

Posted (edited)

LFP, 4-5, Runequest, UTC+1 (CET), Six Seasons in Sartar

This game uses the BRP ruleset, modified so that the actual rules used are those of RuneQuest [url]https://rqwiki.chaosium.com/rules/[/url]
The setting is Glorantha. [url]https://rqwiki.chaosium.com/glorantha/[/url].

This is an new game.

FG License: FG Unity Ultimate License (players only need the free demo license)
Game System: RuneQuest - Adventures in Glorantha.

Time Zone: UTC +1 (CET) also known as GMT +1.
Day of week and time: Once per week. The specific day needs to be decided, it will depend on player preferences to a great deal. However, it will not be Wendsday or Thursday.
Planned Duration & Frequency: Once per week. Based on experience from digital meetings, during the pandemic, 3 hour sessions works best.
Term: Hopefully long term.

Text or Voice: Voice.
Voice software used: Discord for both voice and, if everybody is OK with it, video.
Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? No

Roleplay & Combat mix: I expect that the mix will land somewhere around RP 80/ Cbt 20, but that will of course also depend on the players to some extent. 
Language: English.
Number of Players in game & needed: No players in game at this point, looking for four to five in total.
Character starting level & equipment: Beginning level. 
Character restrictions: Human characters only. 

The game setting is Glorantha. We will run the "mini" campaign "Six Seasons in Sartar" (to begin with), which is set in area of Dragon Pass, in the Kingdom of Sartar, in the lands of the Haraborn Clan.

The characters will be teenagers, just joining the ranks of adults. 

No previous knowledge of either Glorantha nor Runequest needed.

I find rules-lawyers annoying so I rather not have any such in the group. Also, while bigotry, racism and such might exist in the game world I don't think it has a place at the "table". I expect players to behave with respect towards each other.

Please respond to this post via DM if this concept seems interesting, and I will contact you to discuss further.

Edited by peterb
All seats taken

Peter Brink

Not eligible to join your game, alas; but for clarity wanted to understand:

This game uses the BRP ruleset, modified so that the actual rules used are those of RuneQuest [url]https://rqwiki.chaosium.com/rules/[/url]

RQ is by definition a BRP ruleset; I thus presume -- since you lead off with this -- that your rules at the table are different from the RAW of either RQG or RQClassic (or any other edition), being somehow closer to default BRP; but maybe I misunderstand...?

C'es ne pas un .sig

The game uses the vTT Fantasy Grounds (FG). There is no official Runequest ruleset (game rules product) on FG, but there is one for Basic Roleplaying. So, I have coded an extension that implements the differences btw BRP and RQ, so that you can play RQ using FG.

• Helpful 1

Peter Brink

Posted (edited)

I am quite interested in joining as a player; however, my availability may not make this possible. I am in the Eastern time zone and I can likely make Monday or Tuesday if your game time is 7-10 (or 8-11) pm CET on your Monday or Tuesday evening (that would end up in my afternoon time). It would be even better if the time slot was two hours in length rather than three hours in length.

I realize that this is demanding, and I apologize for that in advance. Accordingly: I'd love to join in if the meeting time meets up with my availability; otherwise, no worries and have fun!

Edited by Viktor Haag