Prestige Reward & 14 years old pcs

Switching to Pendragon 6 I noticed this issue.

We are now obliged to calculate inherited glory when the pc is 14 years old, but the book does not mention whether we should apply the Prestige Reward at this stage or not, since the character creation does not mention it of not after the knighting at the age of 21.

This is not a small issue, as in Pendragon 6 14-years-old characters inherit a lot of Glory. I've seen sons of famous PCs starting with 3000 points of Glory.

Prestige Rewards may be used to raise Dex or App....which means changing also the basic skill values, which are calculated only once from the characteristics at the age of 14.

How do you deal with this situation?

I feel that squires should apply Prestige Rewards as they get the father's glory at the age of 14, since it is the easier approach.

What is your approach on this issue?

26 minutes ago, Luca Cherstich said:

How do you deal with this situation?

I feel that squires should apply Prestige Rewards as they get the father's glory at the age of 14, since it is the easier approach.

What is your approach on this issue?

p. 57: "which they may spend in a variety of ways during the Winter Phase."

So I think by RAW, they would spend any Prestige Points from Inherited Glory at their first Winter Phase. In other words, after entering the game, not during Chargen.

Edited by Morien