Some questions about "Mind Control" (hardcover BRP book)

fredfr

Hello,

First, excuse me if I write badly, I'm not very good at English. I am French :)

1. Do I need to roll a d100 equal or below a "Mind Control" skill, before resistance roll against the target ?

2. And if the d100 roll is a failure, how much does it cost ?

3. Is it a power points vs power points resistance roll or POW vs POW resistance roll ? (power points fluctuate and POW is stable).

4. The text say : "Power Point Cost : 1 power point per 3 points of the target's POW (rounded up) plus 1 power point per additional combat round."
    I don't understand "plus 1 power point per additional combat round."

Thank you.

Welcome!

Had to dig out the Big Gold Book for this one, but:

1. Yes, according to RAW pages 110-112

2. 1 PP according to the same pages

3. It is power points vs power points.

Which is a bit here and there, as some powers use POW vs POW and others use power points vs power points.

And I'm still not 100% sure if the power points that go into the spell/effect are supposed to be calculated into "current power points" or not.

I rule that they are, but I'm not necessarily right.

4. The PP-cost is 1 power point for each 3 points (rounded up) of your target's POW to enable you to run him like a puppet for one round, plus 1 power point for each additional round beyond the first.

So a target with POW 11 will cost 4 power points to control for a single round. Controlling him for 5 rounds would cost 8 power points (4 initial, plus 4 for four additional rounds) 

I'm not good at explaining rules, but hopefully I helped a bit.

• Like 1

Hello,

Thank you very much for your answers

4. The PP-cost is 1 power point for each 3 points (rounded up) of your target's POW to enable you to run him like a puppet for one round, plus 1 power point for each additional round beyond the first.

So a target with POW 11 will cost 4 power points to control for a single round. Controlling him for 5 rounds would cost 8 power points (4 initial, plus 4 for four additional rounds)

Ok for that, but, page 118 : "Mind Control" the text says "Duration: 1 full turn per power point spent".

So, is it a full turn (5mn) or a round (12s) per power point spent ?

Thank you !

ehrrm....  I assume it means "round". The use of "full turn" might be a typo that has slipped by, originating from an attempt to make sure that you get to control someone for at least one round even if they've already made their action that round?

So if your opponent has already done his action or attack the round you take him over, you get to control his attacks next round.

Also, I see that the description clearly states that the power point-cost is deducted after the resistance roll. That's nice.